- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? 10 Months Ago
- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
Gritty, the lovably creepy mascot for the Philadelphia Flyers, has been immortalized in many forms: Fan art, memes, anti-fascist protest signs, and now, dairy. Created by expert food sculptors Jim Victor and Marie Pelton, “Cheese Gritty” paid tribute to the big orange dude in the form of three beautifully carved, 40-pound bricks of Cabot cheddar cheese. Only the best for our favorite furry agent of chaos.
Cheese Gritty stands at 2 feet, 2 inches tall, just 4 feet and 10 inches shorter than the (very large) real guy.
The dairy dude isn’t just for ogling, although that’s a perfectly valid form of Cheese Gritty worship. Philly area residents will be able to take a selfie with Cheese Gritty starting Sunday at the Lemon Hill Mansion in Philadelphia as part of the Historic Houses of Fairmount Park’s “Very Philly Christmas” event.
Cheese Gritty continues to buck other trends, being one of the few food statues that aren’t available for consumption. While I’m sad I can’t take a piece of Gritty with me, it only makes sense that you wouldn’t want to desecrate a cherished icon.
Speaking of our fearless leader’s many accomplishments, please enjoy this video of Gritty absolutely sinking a half-court shot. Is there anything he can’t do?
Game, blouses. pic.twitter.com/oKQ7wOky2O— Gritty (@GrittyNHL) December 1, 2018
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.