- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions 8 Months Ago
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series 8 Months Ago
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Today 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Today 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Today 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Today 11:32 AM
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot Today 11:07 AM
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata Today 11:01 AM
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress Today 10:45 AM
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
Gritty, the lovably creepy mascot for the Philadelphia Flyers, has been immortalized in many forms: Fan art, memes, anti-fascist protest signs, and now, dairy. Created by expert food sculptors Jim Victor and Marie Pelton, “Cheese Gritty” paid tribute to the big orange dude in the form of three beautifully carved, 40-pound bricks of Cabot cheddar cheese. Only the best for our favorite furry agent of chaos.
Cheese Gritty stands at 2 feet, 2 inches tall, just 4 feet and 10 inches shorter than the (very large) real guy.
The dairy dude isn’t just for ogling, although that’s a perfectly valid form of Cheese Gritty worship. Philly area residents will be able to take a selfie with Cheese Gritty starting Sunday at the Lemon Hill Mansion in Philadelphia as part of the Historic Houses of Fairmount Park’s “Very Philly Christmas” event.
Cheese Gritty continues to buck other trends, being one of the few food statues that aren’t available for consumption. While I’m sad I can’t take a piece of Gritty with me, it only makes sense that you wouldn’t want to desecrate a cherished icon.
Speaking of our fearless leader’s many accomplishments, please enjoy this video of Gritty absolutely sinking a half-court shot. Is there anything he can’t do?
Game, blouses. pic.twitter.com/oKQ7wOky2O— Gritty (@GrittyNHL) December 1, 2018
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.