- Man refuses to eat a meat-free meal prepared by his vegan wife 12 Months Ago
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 12: I quit 12 Months Ago
- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
Gritty, the lovably creepy mascot for the Philadelphia Flyers, has been immortalized in many forms: Fan art, memes, anti-fascist protest signs, and now, dairy. Created by expert food sculptors Jim Victor and Marie Pelton, “Cheese Gritty” paid tribute to the big orange dude in the form of three beautifully carved, 40-pound bricks of Cabot cheddar cheese. Only the best for our favorite furry agent of chaos.
Cheese Gritty stands at 2 feet, 2 inches tall, just 4 feet and 10 inches shorter than the (very large) real guy.
The dairy dude isn’t just for ogling, although that’s a perfectly valid form of Cheese Gritty worship. Philly area residents will be able to take a selfie with Cheese Gritty starting Sunday at the Lemon Hill Mansion in Philadelphia as part of the Historic Houses of Fairmount Park’s “Very Philly Christmas” event.
Cheese Gritty continues to buck other trends, being one of the few food statues that aren’t available for consumption. While I’m sad I can’t take a piece of Gritty with me, it only makes sense that you wouldn’t want to desecrate a cherished icon.
Speaking of our fearless leader’s many accomplishments, please enjoy this video of Gritty absolutely sinking a half-court shot. Is there anything he can’t do?
Game, blouses. pic.twitter.com/oKQ7wOky2O— Gritty (@GrittyNHL) December 1, 2018
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.