- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
In the ultimate example of “sisters before misters,” on Saturday morning Twitter user @alexxiisj overheard the conversation of a guy at a taco stand, apparently bragging to a friend about cheating on his girlfriend, a Dallas nursing student named Hannah.
“Dear Hannah the nursing student in Dallas, i heard ur bf @ the taco stand this morning, talking about how many times he’s cheated on u since he’s been back at baylor [University],” she wrote, followed by, “He’s trash. dump him.”
dear Hannah the nursing student in Dallas, i heard ur bf @ the taco stand this morning, talking about how many times he’s cheated on u since he’s been back at baylor......... he’s trash. dump him.— AW (@alexxiisj) August 25, 2018
From there, the search was on, as Twitter banded together to search out this nursing student named Hannah to inform her that her man was nothing but a no-good dirty-rotten cheating dog. The tweet was subsequently retweeted over 60,000 times and favorited nearly 250,000.
But even in a city of over 1.3 million people, there are only so many nursing schools in Dallas, and only so many nursing students named Hannah. So eventually, the right Hannah caught wind of what went down and reacted accordingly.
I dumped him, just to update everyone https://t.co/9PJ9GpmzV5— Hannah LeBeau (@HannahLeBeau) August 26, 2018
It may have—or may not, given the circumstances—been a rough shake for Hannah to learn of the true nature of her boyfriend, but the bubbly blonde nursing student took things in stride and is even attempting to make lemonade out of crap boyfriend lemons.
In what may be the most 2018 thing ever, Hannah shared her Venmo account information so that she might use this newfound attention to help her pay off her student loans. And for what it’s worth, it seems to be working!
Jamie, I don’t know your twitter handle (and I had to block out some language bc my parents still get mad at me about that lol) but shout out to you, $3 going straight to @SallieMae pic.twitter.com/FfI4ZwpRFd— Hannah LeBeau (@HannahLeBeau) August 27, 2018
And just to prove that she’s using the funds as promised, Hannah provided receipts:
Dad told me I needed to show you guys: pic.twitter.com/7eNbofaayk— Hannah LeBeau (@HannahLeBeau) August 27, 2018
May we all be so lucky to get out of a toxic relationship in a way like this. With any luck, hopefully soon Hannah will bounce back with a beau who is clearly more deserving of her time.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.