- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth 12 Months Ago
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups 12 Months Ago
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
In the ultimate example of “sisters before misters,” on Saturday morning Twitter user @alexxiisj overheard the conversation of a guy at a taco stand, apparently bragging to a friend about cheating on his girlfriend, a Dallas nursing student named Hannah.
“Dear Hannah the nursing student in Dallas, i heard ur bf @ the taco stand this morning, talking about how many times he’s cheated on u since he’s been back at baylor [University],” she wrote, followed by, “He’s trash. dump him.”
dear Hannah the nursing student in Dallas, i heard ur bf @ the taco stand this morning, talking about how many times he’s cheated on u since he’s been back at baylor......... he’s trash. dump him.— AW (@alexxiisj) August 25, 2018
From there, the search was on, as Twitter banded together to search out this nursing student named Hannah to inform her that her man was nothing but a no-good dirty-rotten cheating dog. The tweet was subsequently retweeted over 60,000 times and favorited nearly 250,000.
But even in a city of over 1.3 million people, there are only so many nursing schools in Dallas, and only so many nursing students named Hannah. So eventually, the right Hannah caught wind of what went down and reacted accordingly.
I dumped him, just to update everyone https://t.co/9PJ9GpmzV5— Hannah LeBeau (@HannahLeBeau) August 26, 2018
It may have—or may not, given the circumstances—been a rough shake for Hannah to learn of the true nature of her boyfriend, but the bubbly blonde nursing student took things in stride and is even attempting to make lemonade out of crap boyfriend lemons.
In what may be the most 2018 thing ever, Hannah shared her Venmo account information so that she might use this newfound attention to help her pay off her student loans. And for what it’s worth, it seems to be working!
Jamie, I don’t know your twitter handle (and I had to block out some language bc my parents still get mad at me about that lol) but shout out to you, $3 going straight to @SallieMae pic.twitter.com/FfI4ZwpRFd— Hannah LeBeau (@HannahLeBeau) August 27, 2018
And just to prove that she’s using the funds as promised, Hannah provided receipts:
Dad told me I needed to show you guys: pic.twitter.com/7eNbofaayk— Hannah LeBeau (@HannahLeBeau) August 27, 2018
May we all be so lucky to get out of a toxic relationship in a way like this. With any luck, hopefully soon Hannah will bounce back with a beau who is clearly more deserving of her time.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.