- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay 1 Year Ago
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Today 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Today 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Today 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Today 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Today 3:29 PM
- Microsoft developing voice filters to block ‘toxic’ users on Xbox Live Today 3:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston already has 2 million followers on Instagram Today 3:25 PM
- Why facials oils are a must for your winter skincare routine Today 3:20 PM
- Father of mega-popular Ace Family YouTube channel accused of rape Today 1:59 PM
- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost Today 1:31 PM
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 Today 1:21 PM
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix sued over line about interrogation technique in ‘When They See Us’ Today 12:52 PM
- Twitch streamer says racist trolls got her banned for ‘suggestive’ outfit Today 12:47 PM
It’s pretty hard to stand out in the world of internet cat videos. At this point, you really have to share some high-quality content for people to take notice.
That’s just what Twitter user @summer95 did when she posted this video of a cat leaping through an empty Pepsi can box and attacking her face. There is no way this impressive feline wasn’t going to go viral.
I LIVE WITH A TINY PREDATOR (sorry for my shriek) pic.twitter.com/nOjzbH5Pwf— Summer (@summer95) October 11, 2018
The video, which was posted on October 10, has now been viewed over 7 million times. Apparently this lady is a pretty sharp business woman because she’s already reaching out to Pepsi for an endorsement deal.
Earlier today, she posted a follow-up video, which gives users a victim’s eye view of what it looks like to have nine pounds of furry death coming at your face. She also noted that the cat didn’t use her claws, so her face is still intact.
If you’re wondering what it looks like to point a cat rocket launcher at your face, here it is pic.twitter.com/u2GkcSjR5W— Summer (@summer95) October 12, 2018
People can’t seem to get enough of this video. It’s like a comedy and horror movie rolled into one.
I have had this on loop for way too long. I hope you are okay. That was hilarious. Thank you.— Graff Fuller (@coffee_graff) October 12, 2018
ME WATCHING THIS AT 3AM TRYING NOT TO BURST OUT LAUGHING AT THIS pic.twitter.com/vTLa4MZJOO— JORDAN (@xjordanugo) October 11, 2018
It’s the best thing I’ve watched in a while— mully (@MulliganMorgan) October 12, 2018
person: so hows life treating you?— will (@williamdodita) October 12, 2018
Lmao omg!!!! I jumped!— Nola 'Covfefe' Darling💅🏾💋 (@CherriesR) October 12, 2018
Purrfect form— |j. m. p a y n e| (@jessiempayne) October 12, 2018
Hahhaa wtf did she think would happen..— Griffin (@griffin761) October 12, 2018
This is a good lesson for everyone out there. Cats can be your adorable little cuddle buddies, but they are also one of nature’s sneakiest predators. At any moment, they might drop down from the ceiling or come up from the floor, and some of them can be utter bastards. Protect your face at all times.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.