- Gavin McInnes is out at Blaze Media Sunday 7:07 PM
- Anthony Scaramucci praised QAnon during American Priorities conference Sunday 5:44 PM
- Report: FBI investigating fake net neutrality comments Sunday 4:36 PM
- The first professional U.S. transgender boxer just won his first fight Sunday 2:18 PM
- Twitch streamer apparently hits partner on video Sunday 1:45 PM
- There’s now rehab for Fortnite addiction Sunday 12:07 PM
- How to watch América vs. Pumas online for free Sunday 11:25 AM
- ‘Target Tammy’ is the latest white woman to complain about Black people minding their own business Sunday 11:08 AM
- Jason Momoa reprises ‘Game of Thrones’ character on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch the epic Copa Libertadores final online for free Sunday 9:35 AM
- The top fandoms of 2018 Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Huesca online for free Sunday 6:40 AM
- What is Sling TV? Sunday 6:15 AM
- A year of apologizing to the internet Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to stream NFL’s Week 14 games for free Sunday 6:00 AM
Because why not?
President Donald Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey Tuesday evening is perhaps the biggest story in American politics since Watergate, and what happens in the coming months will reverberate throughout our nation for at least the next few years, if not the next several decades.
Just about everyone is weighing in on the momentous inflection point in Western democracy, and we at the Daily Dot figured we should speak with the people who lived through America’s last constitutional crisis.
Unfortunately, pretty much everyone who was intimately involved in Watergate is dead. So instead we asked the Cash Me Ousside girl, Danielle Bregoli, what she thought about it all. What follows is a very brief conversation.
What do you think of Donald Trump firing James Comey?
Didn’t Donald trump fire people all the time on that show? I’m not surprised.
Did what Donald Trump do qualify as cashin James Comey ousside?
Nah. He basically just sent him ousside (of the White House) lol
Trump apparently cashed Comey after he requested money to investigate Trump? How wack and/or dope is that?
Oh so he tried to finness him?
Are there any other government officials you want Trump to cash?
I don’t know
Who would you hire to replace Comey as head of the FBI?
I’m gonna have to go with…. Kodak Black.
How do you feel about Trump in general? Do you have any words of advice for him?
Get your shit together. Howbow dah
Do you think the Trump campaign colluded with Russia?
If he did, what should be done about it?
Austin Powell contributed to this report.
Andrew Couts is the former editor of Layer 8, a section dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and the state—and the gaps in between. Prior to the Daily Dot, Couts served as features editor and features writer for Digital Trends, associate editor of TheWeek.com, and associate editor at Maxim magazine. When he’s not working, Couts can be found hiking with his German shepherds or blasting around on motorcycles.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]