- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Because why not?
President Donald Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey Tuesday evening is perhaps the biggest story in American politics since Watergate, and what happens in the coming months will reverberate throughout our nation for at least the next few years, if not the next several decades.
Just about everyone is weighing in on the momentous inflection point in Western democracy, and we at the Daily Dot figured we should speak with the people who lived through America’s last constitutional crisis.
Unfortunately, pretty much everyone who was intimately involved in Watergate is dead. So instead we asked the Cash Me Ousside girl, Danielle Bregoli, what she thought about it all. What follows is a very brief conversation.
What do you think of Donald Trump firing James Comey?
Didn’t Donald trump fire people all the time on that show? I’m not surprised.
Did what Donald Trump do qualify as cashin James Comey ousside?
Nah. He basically just sent him ousside (of the White House) lol
Trump apparently cashed Comey after he requested money to investigate Trump? How wack and/or dope is that?
Oh so he tried to finness him?
Are there any other government officials you want Trump to cash?
I don’t know
Who would you hire to replace Comey as head of the FBI?
I’m gonna have to go with…. Kodak Black.
How do you feel about Trump in general? Do you have any words of advice for him?
Get your shit together. Howbow dah
Do you think the Trump campaign colluded with Russia?
If he did, what should be done about it?
Austin Powell contributed to this report.
Andrew Couts is the former editor of Layer 8, a section dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and the state—and the gaps in between. Prior to the Daily Dot, Couts served as features editor and features writer for Digital Trends, associate editor of TheWeek.com, and associate editor at Maxim magazine. When he’s not working, Couts can be found hiking with his German shepherds or blasting around on motorcycles.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]