- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
How one brave brony turned The Sims into a virtual horse-fetish palace
Warning: Things are about to get weird.
Adult male fans of My Little Pony, commonly known as bronies, have found a home on 4chan, the 11-year-old forum that remains among the most bizarre and influential places on the Internet. One brave brony flocked to the video game Sims 4 to live out his fetish in a virtual world—and documented every step for 4chan’s /mlp/ community.
“This is Anon. Anon is living the dream,” the text reads. “On his way to his new home, he stumbled across a magical portal. What came through to visit him… will shock him for the rest of his life.”
At this point, we have no idea where this story is going, or what this little green man-child is going to do. It’s just The Sims, right? It can’t get that weird. Or that sexual.
Creating one horse in The Sims is a little odd. But our hero is doing even more than that.
He’s created a whole world of dead-eyed, multicolored stock horses to frolic with amid the lime-green pastures of Simtopia. Here’s the happy family all together.
This is actually a family portrait of that lonely 4chan anon and all his pony friends in The Sims. It’s so incredible that the cutups of /mlp/, one of the weirdest communities on 4chan, can’t help but laugh.
Then OP begins his journey. He starts in his very own ranch-style house, somewhere beyond time and space.
I mean, really, what can you say?
Can you look at the following image without falling out of your chair? I sure can’t.
Eventually the original poster disappeared. Maybe he couldn’t keep up with the 4chan demands, or maybe he was just too enamored of his magical realm to ever care about earthly duties. But we’ll leave the final word to the always prescient 4chan community, which captures our exact feeling.
Photo via 4chan | Remix by Jason Reed
Entertainment and sports reporter Luke Winkie has written everywhere from A.V Club to Vice, including Sports Illustrated, Rolling Stone, Kotaku, Playboy, Mel, and Polygon.