- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
How one brave brony turned The Sims into a virtual horse-fetish palace
Warning: Things are about to get weird.
Adult male fans of My Little Pony, commonly known as bronies, have found a home on 4chan, the 11-year-old forum that remains among the most bizarre and influential places on the Internet. One brave brony flocked to the video game Sims 4 to live out his fetish in a virtual world—and documented every step for 4chan’s /mlp/ community.
“This is Anon. Anon is living the dream,” the text reads. “On his way to his new home, he stumbled across a magical portal. What came through to visit him… will shock him for the rest of his life.”
At this point, we have no idea where this story is going, or what this little green man-child is going to do. It’s just The Sims, right? It can’t get that weird. Or that sexual.
Creating one horse in The Sims is a little odd. But our hero is doing even more than that.
He’s created a whole world of dead-eyed, multicolored stock horses to frolic with amid the lime-green pastures of Simtopia. Here’s the happy family all together.
This is actually a family portrait of that lonely 4chan anon and all his pony friends in The Sims. It’s so incredible that the cutups of /mlp/, one of the weirdest communities on 4chan, can’t help but laugh.
Then OP begins his journey. He starts in his very own ranch-style house, somewhere beyond time and space.
I mean, really, what can you say?
Can you look at the following image without falling out of your chair? I sure can’t.
Eventually the original poster disappeared. Maybe he couldn’t keep up with the 4chan demands, or maybe he was just too enamored of his magical realm to ever care about earthly duties. But we’ll leave the final word to the always prescient 4chan community, which captures our exact feeling.
Photo via 4chan | Remix by Jason Reed
Entertainment and sports reporter Luke Winkie has written everywhere from A.V Club to Vice, including Sports Illustrated, Rolling Stone, Kotaku, Playboy, Mel, and Polygon.