- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Bridesmaid crushes wedding toast by rapping a rendition of ‘The Real Slim Shady’
A bridesmaid nailed a remix of Eminem’s classic song.
It’s hard to remember, but back in 2000, Eminem was one of the most controversial figures in the music industry. People were still up in arms about the song “97 Bonnie and Clyde’ which depicted a father taking his infant daughter on a trip to dispose of the corpse of her mother, who he had murdered. When ‘The Real Slim Shady‘ debuted it only added to the controversy. On the track, the rapper disses everyone from Will Smith to Pamela Anderson, and many of the celebrities weren’t thrilled. Christina Aguilera was particularly upset by the claim that she had performed oral sex on Fred Durst and Carson Daly. Chris Kirkpatrick from *NSYNC called him a “bully.”
But time has a way of softening these things. For christ-sakes, Alice Cooper was in a Staples commercial and that guy used to fake his own beheading on stage.
Maybe that’s why, in 2017, a bridesmaid can perform a version of “The Real Slim Shady” at a wedding reception and everyone is totally cool with it.
Mind you “Slim Katie” did write her own lyrics. No need to talk about Tommy Lee abusing his wife at your friend’s wedding.
As the title suggests, Katie did pretty much kill it, and the whole crowd is blown away by her skills. Although the video is still unlisted on YouTube, it already has over 42,000 views.
In fact, Eminem toasts by bridesmaids have become a thing. In 2013, a bridesmaid went viral with her rendition of ‘Without Me.’
H/T Elite Daily
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.