- Steven Spielberg’s daughter is launching a career in adult entertainment 4 Years Ago
- Congress asks Ring for more information about police partnerships Today 10:38 AM
- Vlogger who posts behind-the-scenes footage at Disney is in trouble with YouTube Today 10:16 AM
- Was Bloomberg owned harder on the debate stage or by Twitter? Today 8:54 AM
- Make ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ your desert island game Today 8:51 AM
- Everyone’s trying to dance like Jennifer Lopez on TikTok Today 8:27 AM
- Why the coronavirus bioweapon theory persists Today 7:57 AM
- You won’t see deleted scenes on the ‘Rise of Skywalker’ home release Today 7:47 AM
- The return of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ throws you right back into the fight Today 7:00 AM
- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? Today 6:00 AM
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
This breakup coloring book will make your ex jealous
The book couldn’t have come with a better title.
Two of the few universal truths out there are that coloring books are dank for all ages and that breakups are awful.
We know this because adults have co-opted the hell out of coloring in- and outside the lines and because adults also frequently bitch about the dissolution of relationships. Being mad about your ex is totally trendy, and so is a brilliant breakup coloring book affectionately entitled Have A Nice Life Asshole.
The inspiration for the coloring book is pretty clearly “fuck that guy/gal/shit,” and the book stands as quite the contrast to Creative Collective’s other offerings. Not into love mandalas and happy sentiments for stress relief? Let the hate flow through you like the ink of a Mr. Scent marker as you work your way through a line drawing of the words “I faked it everytime [sic]” surrounded by chill owls and hippy flowers.
The coloring book opens with a full game plan for how to enjoy it: drink, gather supplies, color, and repeat. It’s a pretty harmlessly cathartic way to approach an event that typically warrants total emotional breakdown.
Also working in Have a Nice Life Asshole‘s favor is the fact that its vengeful statements are relatively universal. There’s nothing heteronormative or discriminatory about “fuck you,” is there?
Those seeking a more lesbian-friendly alternative need only wait a few more months until Chin Up, Dreamboat! A Creative Companion for Lesbian Breakups comes out in May. This is sure to bring about even more breakup-friendly coloring books for all the fractured relationships in your life—not that it matters.
Check out this hype review from someone totally in a not-shitty committed relationship who just loves reliving breakup anger.
Creative Collective says that all those “great phrases” were inspired by things that friends wanted to say to exes.
For those less inspired by how pissed off they are at their ex and more into cursing for the fuck of it, there’s always this coloring book of British swear words. Basically, you don’t even need an excuse to color in a bunch of offensive shit. The world is your line drawn oyster. Color accordingly.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.