- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
When Billie Eilish breathes, America listens.
There isn’t a thing the 17-year-old musician can do that won’t spark the attention of her hordes of fans. This fact was evident again over the weekend when a simple mishap during a conversation with fans lead to yet another viral Billie moment. While finishing up her When We All Fall Asleep World Tour in Mexico, Eilish accidentally hit herself in the mouth with her mic. The young musician’s relatable reaction quickly went viral, and likely earned her a few new fans in the process.
Despite the overall innocuous nature of the moment, videos of the incident quickly began circulating early Monday morning.
Baby hitting her lil mouth with her mic 🥺❤ pic.twitter.com/YfosoyEAAZ— AJ | hug me bil (@crying4finneas) November 18, 2019
In the clip, Eilish is halfway through responding to, presumably, a fan, when she brings the mic too close to her face. After firmly smacking the mic against her mouth, Eilish laughs. “That fucking hurt,” she says. Fans were all over the relatable reaction, quickly flooding the internet with their adoring commentary and responding with reaction GIFs.
“That fucking hurt.” -Billie as she hits herself in the mouth with a mic. 😂— hay (@whoishaytho) November 18, 2019
my baby— 𝑙𝑢𝑛𝑎 (@winkywebber) November 18, 2019
tfw billie hit the mic and laugh im- pic.twitter.com/N4nTOUjLxM— Aiman #DontSpoilTheRoyal (@AimanAttorney) November 18, 2019
HOW DID BILLIE EVEN MANAGE TO HIT HER TEETH WITH THE MIC LIKE THAT😭😭— sara (@dontrytokissme) November 18, 2019
The reaction quickly sparked memes as well, like one fan who captioned the video with “I’m Billie and the microphone is life hitting me in the face as a result of my poor decisions.”
I’m billie and the microphone is life hitting me in the face as a result of my poor decisions pic.twitter.com/6S2r4CFEN8— becca (@WilliamEyelid) November 18, 2019
Considering her worldwide fame, Eilish has remained surprisingly down-to-earth. The young star’s tendency to indulge in regular interactions with fans, as well as her laid-back attitude, have aided her in gaining massive popularity among listeners. Over the weekend, yet another relatable Billie moment swept the web. As Eilish, seated in the back of a vehicle, prepared to head out, a fan approached her car. In a video posted to Twitter, Eilish can be seen opening the door and inviting the fan over. The two then share a long, tight hug before Eilish heads off to her intended destination. It’s a small thing, but to her adoring fans, these normal moments mean the world.
Eilish has had a remarkably busy year, particularly considering her young age. On top of her album, sporting the same name as the tour and debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, Eilish recently announced a planned collection of kids’ clothes through her clothing line Blohsh. Eilish uploaded a video to her Instagram, featuring herself surrounded by neon-clad children this week.
Eilish’s Where Do We Go? World Tour starts in early 2020 and will take her all over the world, so we can expect plenty more viral Billie moments soon.
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find
- Billie Eilish responds to celebrities dressing up as her for Halloween
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.