- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
If one day you find yourself sitting next to Beyoncé, at a gala, at a sporting event, or even on a freaking bus, you need to recognize it for the outstanding honor it is. Most of the world probably knows this, but the woman who had the pleasure of being seated next to Queen Bey at the NBA Finals last night clearly missed the memo.
Nicole Curran is the wife of the owner of Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob, and now the object of ire and mockery from members of the Beyhive everywhere. ESPN captured a moment between Curran, Beyoncé, and Jay-Z during the game in which Curran thought it was a good idea to lean over Bey to try to talk to her husband. And by all appearances, one of music’s leading ladies did not take this intrusion too well.
Jay-Z and Beyoncé are courtside for Game 3 😎 pic.twitter.com/6mmJuN8Odn— ESPN (@espn) June 6, 2019
Sure, it’s entirely possible Beyoncé was reacting to something else and not this woman creeping in on her space and her man, but there is exactly 0% fun in imagining that, and 110% fun in blowing this up all across the internet. Math!
And obviously, it didn’t take long for the Beyhive to respond, slamming bee emojis down all over Curran’s Instagram (where she has since disabled comments) and sharing their horror at the scene playing out in front of them.
I would leave the earth if Beyonce looked this ready to smack me https://t.co/Yaf4JKeMhN— KB (@KaraRBrown) June 6, 2019
Being next to Beyoncé and talking to Jay is homophobic https://t.co/yzIPVNXOTs— Ira thee Third (@ira) June 6, 2019
Would you lean over Beyoncé for a Billion dollars!?!? https://t.co/si387vUSLb— The Vixen (@TheVixensworld) June 6, 2019
Beyoncé’s energy is screaming “I wish this hoe would back up” and honestly I’m here for it. https://t.co/eYgNPFcYiV— Dewayne Perkins (@DewaynePerkins) June 6, 2019
Becky with the sparkly boots. https://t.co/6XYwpSv8px— Saeed Jones (@theferocity) June 6, 2019
And Beyoncé definitely fanned the fire when she posted a video of them at the game later…and cut Curran out of it entirely.
The pettiness is real, and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
Pick your fighter. https://t.co/7djJ9woNVG— roxane gay (@rgay) June 6, 2019
when ur havin a great time and then suddenly remember the reason u wrote lemonade https://t.co/dJPf1ZxlxC— olivemcgowen_writingsmple.pdf (@olivemcgowen) June 6, 2019
“Don’t talk to my husband” https://t.co/2Rdl1NnWCB— Meg (@_meganmayhem) June 6, 2019
WE GOOD ON EVERY MLK BOULEVARD ... https://t.co/t1rPeLUWFR— Jemele Hill (@jemelehill) June 6, 2019
lmfao courtside bey always looks like the edible just hit https://t.co/29S8ooP33O— rawiya kameir (@rawiya) June 6, 2019
As it goes with someone as simultaneously self-controlled and expressive as Beyoncé, it was inevitable that this moment would evolve into something so meme-able. And this one may stick around for a while…those expressions are absolutely priceless.
Beyoncé: out here blessing us with new content even when it’s not music, and even when she doesn’t mean to. What did we do to deserve her?
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.