- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
If one day you find yourself sitting next to Beyoncé, at a gala, at a sporting event, or even on a freaking bus, you need to recognize it for the outstanding honor it is. Most of the world probably knows this, but the woman who had the pleasure of being seated next to Queen Bey at the NBA Finals last night clearly missed the memo.
Nicole Curran is the wife of the owner of Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob, and now the object of ire and mockery from members of the Beyhive everywhere. ESPN captured a moment between Curran, Beyoncé, and Jay-Z during the game in which Curran thought it was a good idea to lean over Bey to try to talk to her husband. And by all appearances, one of music’s leading ladies did not take this intrusion too well.
Sure, it’s entirely possible Beyoncé was reacting to something else and not this woman creeping in on her space and her man, but there is exactly 0% fun in imagining that, and 110% fun in blowing this up all across the internet. Math!
And obviously, it didn’t take long for the Beyhive to respond, slamming bee emojis down all over Curran’s Instagram (where she has since disabled comments) and sharing their horror at the scene playing out in front of them.
I would leave the earth if Beyonce looked this ready to smack me https://t.co/Yaf4JKeMhN— KB (@KaraRBrown) June 6, 2019
Being next to Beyoncé and talking to Jay is homophobic https://t.co/yzIPVNXOTs— Ira thee Third (@ira) June 6, 2019
Would you lean over Beyoncé for a Billion dollars!?!? https://t.co/si387vUSLb— The Vixen (@TheVixensworld) June 6, 2019
Beyoncé’s energy is screaming “I wish this hoe would back up” and honestly I’m here for it. https://t.co/eYgNPFcYiV— Dewayne Perkins (@DewaynePerkins) June 6, 2019
Becky with the sparkly boots. https://t.co/6XYwpSv8px— Saeed Jones (@theferocity) June 6, 2019
And Beyoncé definitely fanned the fire when she posted a video of them at the game later…and cut Curran out of it entirely.
The pettiness is real, and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
Pick your fighter. https://t.co/7djJ9woNVG— roxane gay (@rgay) June 6, 2019
when ur havin a great time and then suddenly remember the reason u wrote lemonade https://t.co/dJPf1ZxlxC— olivemcgowen_writingsmple.pdf (@olivemcgowen) June 6, 2019
“Don’t talk to my husband” https://t.co/2Rdl1NnWCB— Meg (@_meganmayhem) June 6, 2019
WE GOOD ON EVERY MLK BOULEVARD ... https://t.co/t1rPeLUWFR— Jemele Hill (@jemelehill) June 6, 2019
lmfao courtside bey always looks like the edible just hit https://t.co/29S8ooP33O— rawiya kameir (@rawiya) June 6, 2019
As it goes with someone as simultaneously self-controlled and expressive as Beyoncé, it was inevitable that this moment would evolve into something so meme-able. And this one may stick around for a while…those expressions are absolutely priceless.
Beyoncé: out here blessing us with new content even when it’s not music, and even when she doesn’t mean to. What did we do to deserve her?
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.