- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Today 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Today 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Today 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Today 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
- This computer-generated Insta model looks staggeringly real Friday 7:15 PM
- Netflix is bringing back ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ with ‘Stranger Things’ producer Friday 6:42 PM
- Facebook is creating a meme feature to bring back the teens Friday 4:13 PM
- A hitman’s smartwatch helped send him to prison for life Friday 4:05 PM
- Privacy group files complaints against Netlifx, Spotify for GDPR violations Friday 3:02 PM
- Bikini Kill reunion show sale proves the internet is still hell for live music fans Friday 2:55 PM
- Teen’s photo of Nazi-themed school-dance invite goes viral Friday 2:31 PM
Drake’s new song has everyone in their feelings.
Drake’s “In My Feelings,” the fifth single from his new album Scorpion, sits at No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. That’s no big deal, though. Drake also currently occupies the No. 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, and 9 positions on the chart, and that’s just in the top 10.
Obviously, the album is a hit, but so far “In My Feelings” is the only tune to inspire its own hashtag challenge. #InMyFeelingsChallenge and #DoTheShiggy started when internet personality Shiggy posted a video of himself doing an interpretive dance to the song in the middle of the street.
As of this writing, the video has been viewed almost five million times on Instagram and inspired countless imitations. Here are a few of the best.
— Im Just Josh 🤷🏽♂️ (@spotty2naughty) July 10, 2018
— Auburn Women's Basketball (@AuburnWBB) July 11, 2018
— leo (@gullyguyleo) July 12, 2018
It’s worth noting that a few of these challenge videos might be fun to watch, but you should definitely not try to attempt them.
Like this one that takes place on a busy freeway.
— Chachi Gonzales (@chachigonzales) July 12, 2018
And, certainly, not this one, done standing on the back of a motorcycle in moving traffic.
Of course, if there’s one thing more entertaining than watching someone nail an internet challenge, it’s watching someone totally fail an internet challenge.
Fam really made me walk home 😑 pic.twitter.com/QheO2IK3th
— Keith ♦️👌🏾 (@ovokeith00) July 11, 2018
The challenge has blown up to the point that celebrities are starting to get on board.
Here’s a version from Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.
A post shared by Ciara (@ciara) on
Here’s one Sterling K. Brown did:
— Sterling K Brown (@SterlingKBrown) July 10, 2018
Drake himself even honored Shiggy’s version of the dance by performing it onstage.
Drake did the dance lol pic.twitter.com/KVXV5IIr0Q
— Stephen Dacres (@SRDtv) July 9, 2018
But Will Smith might have topped everyone by performing the dance on top of a bridge in Budapest.
“Last day in Budapest. I woke up #InMyFeelings,” the actor/rapper wrote on his Instagram post. “I’ma Keep It 100… I was TERRIFIED up there. That’s why my dance moves is all STIFF! Haha #InMyFeelingsChallenge #DoTheShiggy.”
If you’re wondering if climbing up to the top of a bridge is legal in Budapest, you’re not the only one. Smith says “There’s no way this is legal” even as he’s climbing. Luckily, there was no one around to call the cops on him.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.