- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Drake’s new song has everyone in their feelings.
Drake’s “In My Feelings,” the fifth single from his new album Scorpion, sits at No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. That’s no big deal, though. Drake also currently occupies the No. 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, and 9 positions on the chart, and that’s just in the top 10.
Obviously, the album is a hit, but so far “In My Feelings” is the only tune to inspire its own hashtag challenge. #InMyFeelingsChallenge and #DoTheShiggy started when internet personality Shiggy posted a video of himself doing an interpretive dance to the song in the middle of the street.
As of this writing, the video has been viewed almost five million times on Instagram and inspired countless imitations. Here are a few of the best.
— Im Just Josh 🤷🏽♂️ (@spotty2naughty) July 10, 2018
— Auburn Women's Basketball (@AuburnWBB) July 11, 2018
— leo (@gullyguyleo) July 12, 2018
It’s worth noting that a few of these challenge videos might be fun to watch, but you should definitely not try to attempt them.
Like this one that takes place on a busy freeway.
— Chachi Gonzales (@chachigonzales) July 12, 2018
And, certainly, not this one, done standing on the back of a motorcycle in moving traffic.
Of course, if there’s one thing more entertaining than watching someone nail an internet challenge, it’s watching someone totally fail an internet challenge.
Fam really made me walk home 😑 pic.twitter.com/QheO2IK3th
— Keith ♦️👌🏾 (@ovokeith00) July 11, 2018
The challenge has blown up to the point that celebrities are starting to get on board.
Here’s a version from Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.
A post shared by Ciara (@ciara) on
Here’s one Sterling K. Brown did:
— Sterling K Brown (@SterlingKBrown) July 10, 2018
Drake himself even honored Shiggy’s version of the dance by performing it onstage.
Drake did the dance lol pic.twitter.com/KVXV5IIr0Q
— Stephen Dacres (@SRDtv) July 9, 2018
But Will Smith might have topped everyone by performing the dance on top of a bridge in Budapest.
“Last day in Budapest. I woke up #InMyFeelings,” the actor/rapper wrote on his Instagram post. “I’ma Keep It 100… I was TERRIFIED up there. That’s why my dance moves is all STIFF! Haha #InMyFeelingsChallenge #DoTheShiggy.”
If you’re wondering if climbing up to the top of a bridge is legal in Budapest, you’re not the only one. Smith says “There’s no way this is legal” even as he’s climbing. Luckily, there was no one around to call the cops on him.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.