- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Monday 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Monday 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Monday 12:19 PM
Meet the Carrie Bradshaw of Tumblr
18-year-old Yana fashionista is the microblogging site’s most reblogged user.
She’s the most reblogged Tumblr user of over 7 million in Tumblr’s userbase. Brand-obsessed, 18-year old-Yana publishes Bergdorf Princess, an incessant stream of gorgeous fashion and lifestyle photos that would make even Carrie from Sex and the City giddy with glee.
Reblogging — a signature Tumblr gesture which allows any Tumblr user to quickly share a Tumblr post they like with everyone who follows their feed — is the point-scoring mechanism of Tumblr’s universe, and Yana is racking it up.
“I’m obsessed with fashion,” Yana writes on her bio — as if scrolling through her latest Tumblr posts doesn’t display her fervid fashion fanaticism.
Yana’s Tumblr is almost exclusively visual, offering very little commentary on the pieces she posts. Her other blog, hosted through the venerable blogging service Blogger, offers a bit more insight into Yana’s perspective on her own daily wardrobe. Details of individual outfits she wears, her thoughts on high-end shoes, and extensive picture collections enumerating items scored on recent shopping trips paint the full picture of a fashion drenched young New Yorker. The blog’s title, “a stroke of fabulosity” explains much.
Whether you’re fashion forward or fashion failure, Yana’s Bergdorf Princess is striking — perhaps why it’s so frequently reblogged. It’s also potential death by credit card, if you find yourself easily swayed into overspending on couture. Consider yourself warned.
Grant Robertson is a software engineer and product manager, but he started his career at the Daily Dot as a senior editor focused on data-driven journalism. He previously served as an editor for Download Squad and AOL's Digital Music Weblog.