- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Today 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Today 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Today 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Today 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Today 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Today 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Today 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Today 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Today 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Today 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
Guy simultaneously plays recorder, beatboxes, is amazing
He would be the coolest guy in all of Hyrule.
Beatboxing is a hard enough skill to master, especially if you are anything like me and have no rhythm. Add a musical instrument to the mix—especially one that’s pretty much never used in beatboxing—and you’re basically a music legend.
Reddit’s r/videos community discovered the amazing Medhat Mamdouh via his YouTube video. In it, he executes a pitch-perfect freestyle beatbox riff while playing a recorder at the same time. Link would be so proud.
Hopefully Mamdouh tries to beatbox with other instruments in future videos. A saxophone would be really interesting to see.
Screengrab via Medhat Mamdouh/YouTube
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.