- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
Babies sometimes get excited by random things, right? That’s just how it is when it comes to really young kids―delighted by some sights and sounds and frightened by others, all for reasons the average parent might never fully understand. But it’s usually pretty obvious when they want something and when they don’t. A recent video uploaded by YouTubers Liza & Albbie, featuring one of the best hits the Proclaimers ever made, demonstrates that almost perfectly.
It shows how the couple’s little girl, at various different times, reacts when “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” by the Proclaimers starts playing. To say the toddler is lit up by the song would be an understatement, as it captures her full, delighted attention every time, even leading her to get up and walk over to the source of the music with an ear-to-ear grin on her face.
The Proclaimers, for the uninitiated, are a Scottish rock band formed in 1983, and “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” was the hit single off its second studio album, Sunshine on Leith. It’s an enduring and popular song, and it probably sounds pretty familiar to anyone who spends enough time in karaoke pubs.
And, from the looks of things, it’s a pretty good way to hold a toddler’s rapt attention. Unfortunately, it’ll be quite a few years before she can belt it out at the karaoke bar herself, but it looks like she’s on the right track. You can check out Liza and Albbie’s YouTube channel here.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.