- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge Monday 2:13 PM
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Monday 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Monday 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Monday 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Monday 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Monday 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Monday 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Monday 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Monday 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Monday 10:49 AM
- Everyone is debating the number of towels you should own Monday 10:47 AM
- How to unlock the Fortnite Prisoner stage 4 skin Monday 10:45 AM
Not everyone is mourning the breakup.
Like the brightest star, the union of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson burned out way too quickly. Although it can be argued that many saw it coming when their whirlwind summer romance quickly turned into an even more whirlwind engagement, it was said that the accidental overdose death of Grande’s ex-boyfriend Mac Miller accelerated the breakup.
While the two crazy kids may eventually work things out, one thing is for sure: the upcoming nuptials are absolutely and without a doubt canceled. Grande has returned the $93,000 engagement ring and everything, which is a good thing because you’d have to imagine Pete could probably use the cash right about now.
But we’ll always have the rose-colored PDA-filled memories. Such as this tweet that didn’t hold up so well, from a former classmate of Davidson’s, Mike Bergamini, who expressed his incredulity that some kid he knew from Staten Island was engaged to one of the biggest pop stars in the world.
— Mike Bergamini (@mikeloveshayley) June 12, 2018
On Sunday, after the sad news broke, Bergamini added an addendum by retweet. And being that the tweet has been retweeted nearly 20,000 times and “liked” 125,000, you have to think it kind of summed up everyone’s feelings about the end of the relationship.
— Mike Bergamini (@mikeloveshayley) October 15, 2018
Right there with ya, guy. Right there with ya.
So much for big dick energy. Meanwhile, you’ve got to imagine Cazzie David is out there, somewhere, quietly and contentedly sipping some tea.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.