- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix 11 Months Ago
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives 11 Months Ago
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
- Brad Pitt confronts his daddy issues in the sci-fi epic ‘Ad Astra’ Today 1:20 PM
- People are stanning Elizabeth Warren’s respect for a train’s quiet car Today 1:16 PM
- Far-right mobs attacked queer kids after first Pride in Ukraine city Today 1:13 PM
- Influencer who photoshopped clouds into photos is partnering with the editing app Today 12:34 PM
- Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira team up for ‘Americanah’ Today 12:29 PM
- Video shows cop mocking Black ninth-grader who was detained at bus stop Today 12:27 PM
- Has Trump reversed course on fighting a war for the Saudis? Today 12:20 PM
- These iOS 13 features will have you racing to update your iPhone on Sept. 19 Today 12:05 PM
- Trump calls for investigation into Obama’s Netflix deal—gets memed instead Today 11:37 AM
- Students won’t be disciplined for blackface photo, university says Today 11:18 AM
Like the brightest star, the union of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson burned out way too quickly. Although it can be argued that many saw it coming when their whirlwind summer romance quickly turned into an even more whirlwind engagement, it was said that the accidental overdose death of Grande’s ex-boyfriend Mac Miller accelerated the breakup.
While the two crazy kids may eventually work things out, one thing is for sure: the upcoming nuptials are absolutely and without a doubt canceled. Grande has returned the $93,000 engagement ring and everything, which is a good thing because you’d have to imagine Pete could probably use the cash right about now.
But we’ll always have the rose-colored PDA-filled memories. Such as this tweet that didn’t hold up so well, from a former classmate of Davidson’s, Mike Bergamini, who expressed his incredulity that some kid he knew from Staten Island was engaged to one of the biggest pop stars in the world.
On Sunday, after the sad news broke, Bergamini added an addendum by retweet. And being that the tweet has been retweeted nearly 20,000 times and “liked” 125,000, you have to think it kind of summed up everyone’s feelings about the end of the relationship.
...nevermind.... https://t.co/6jUpvqcuWC— Mike Bergamini (@mikeloveshayley) October 15, 2018
Right there with ya, guy. Right there with ya.
So much for big dick energy. Meanwhile, you’ve got to imagine Cazzie David is out there, somewhere, quietly and contentedly sipping some tea.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.