- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
Not everyone is mourning the breakup.
Like the brightest star, the union of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson burned out way too quickly. Although it can be argued that many saw it coming when their whirlwind summer romance quickly turned into an even more whirlwind engagement, it was said that the accidental overdose death of Grande’s ex-boyfriend Mac Miller accelerated the breakup.
While the two crazy kids may eventually work things out, one thing is for sure: the upcoming nuptials are absolutely and without a doubt canceled. Grande has returned the $93,000 engagement ring and everything, which is a good thing because you’d have to imagine Pete could probably use the cash right about now.
But we’ll always have the rose-colored PDA-filled memories. Such as this tweet that didn’t hold up so well, from a former classmate of Davidson’s, Mike Bergamini, who expressed his incredulity that some kid he knew from Staten Island was engaged to one of the biggest pop stars in the world.
On Sunday, after the sad news broke, Bergamini added an addendum by retweet. And being that the tweet has been retweeted nearly 20,000 times and “liked” 125,000, you have to think it kind of summed up everyone’s feelings about the end of the relationship.
...nevermind.... https://t.co/6jUpvqcuWC— Mike Bergamini (@mikeloveshayley) October 15, 2018
Right there with ya, guy. Right there with ya.
So much for big dick energy. Meanwhile, you’ve got to imagine Cazzie David is out there, somewhere, quietly and contentedly sipping some tea.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.