- Mom calls cops on son who can’t get ready for school on time Tuesday 11:19 PM
- Tinder exec fired after involvement in lawsuit alleging sexual assault Tuesday 10:48 PM
- Woman matches on Tinder with LaCroix thief—and his victim Tuesday 7:38 PM
- U.K. police will have to disclose documents about WikiLeaks journalists Tuesday 6:37 PM
- Backpack Kid sues Fortnite developer over flossing emote Tuesday 5:38 PM
- Conservatives rage at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘week of self-care’ Tuesday 4:02 PM
- 2 inflatable snowmen fought in front of a combo KFC/Taco Bell Tuesday 2:47 PM
- How to watch the Boca Raton Bowl online for free Tuesday 2:43 PM
- DAZN KOs YouTube, Snapchat as (temporarily) the most downloaded app Tuesday 1:57 PM
- AT&T says it’s rolling out 5G service this week Tuesday 1:03 PM
- NY state senator tells woman staffer ‘Kill yourself!’ in a tweet Tuesday 12:54 PM
- This Lil Jon-Kool-Aid Man Christmas jam is as extra as you’d expect Tuesday 12:13 PM
- YouTube stars say unfair copyright claims are making their lives hell Tuesday 12:12 PM
- UPS deletes tweet about shredding letters to North Pole after huge backlash Tuesday 11:21 AM
- Viral petition leads to revised Holland Tunnel Christmas decor Tuesday 11:10 AM
Not everyone is mourning the breakup.
Like the brightest star, the union of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson burned out way too quickly. Although it can be argued that many saw it coming when their whirlwind summer romance quickly turned into an even more whirlwind engagement, it was said that the accidental overdose death of Grande’s ex-boyfriend Mac Miller accelerated the breakup.
While the two crazy kids may eventually work things out, one thing is for sure: the upcoming nuptials are absolutely and without a doubt canceled. Grande has returned the $93,000 engagement ring and everything, which is a good thing because you’d have to imagine Pete could probably use the cash right about now.
But we’ll always have the rose-colored PDA-filled memories. Such as this tweet that didn’t hold up so well, from a former classmate of Davidson’s, Mike Bergamini, who expressed his incredulity that some kid he knew from Staten Island was engaged to one of the biggest pop stars in the world.
— Mike Bergamini (@mikeloveshayley) June 12, 2018
On Sunday, after the sad news broke, Bergamini added an addendum by retweet. And being that the tweet has been retweeted nearly 20,000 times and “liked” 125,000, you have to think it kind of summed up everyone’s feelings about the end of the relationship.
— Mike Bergamini (@mikeloveshayley) October 15, 2018
Right there with ya, guy. Right there with ya.
So much for big dick energy. Meanwhile, you’ve got to imagine Cazzie David is out there, somewhere, quietly and contentedly sipping some tea.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.