- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content 5 Months Ago
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well 5 Months Ago
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk 5 Months Ago
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again 5 Months Ago
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Today 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Today 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Today 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Today 8:58 AM
- CBS All Access now offers a month for free—just in time for March Madness Today 8:39 AM
- The Apex Legends: season 1 battle pass is finally here—and there’s a lot to unpack Today 8:38 AM
- Woodstock 50 lineup, rumored ticket prices leave fans on Twitter fuming Today 8:18 AM
- How to stream ‘Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists’ for free Today 6:30 AM
- As followers get more violent, should 8chan ban QAnon? Today 6:30 AM
- What you need to know about DVR on DirecTV Now Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Hulu’s ‘The Act’ for free Today 5:00 AM
Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson post-breakup sightings are inspiring memes
If the summer of 2018 will someday be remembered for nothing else, it will be the epic, yet flash-in-the-pan romance of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson. There was the gratuitous, over-the-top PDA. There was the permanent inking of the skin, with the couple amassing nearly a dozen tattoos for one another. There was the pet pig, Grande’s “Pete Davidson” song, and who can forget the $93,000 custom-made engagement ring—all for a relationship that lasted less than six months.
And of course, there were also the memes.
From butthole eyes to big dick energy, Grande and Davidson’s brief union was the inspiration of more than a few, but just because they’ve since parted ways doesn’t mean the fun has to end. In the week and a half since the pair called off their engagement, they’ve been spotted out in public, respectively, displaying contrasting dispositions and body language.
While Grande was seen out shopping over the weekend with a friend looking flawless, arms full of Chanel bags, Davidson, on the other hand, was spotted walking by himself with an Ecko hoodie on. This led to many on Twitter (Ariana Grande fans, in particular) to speculate that Grande had somehow “won” the breakup.
ariana vs pete post breakup pic.twitter.com/KcKFcvUWol
— N•IC•K (@touchnick) October 21, 2018
THIS GETTING RID OF PETE DAVIDSON SERVE OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD pic.twitter.com/fQncP0ojpr
— ava (@perfectvIvt) October 21, 2018
Ariana Grande treated herself to a Chanel shopping spree post Pete Davidson split. ✨ pic.twitter.com/O3zHAISufp
— Team Ariana (@TeamGrandeSA) October 22, 2018
— SadeVEVO (@fillegrossiere) October 22, 2018
she said NO TEARS LEFT TO CRY BITCH ! https://t.co/UP16mNtirV
— lu♐️ (@Luissslasker) October 21, 2018
he wearing ECKO in public in TWO-THOUSAND EIGHTEEN if that ain’t a cry for help ionno what is https://t.co/ToYSkFzsYz
— Siggy Azalea (@SigmahLovesYou) October 23, 2018
Others came up with general memes about the breakup:
Me: I really don’t care what happened between Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson.
Also me: pic.twitter.com/D3SH4W0vwR
— spookygal94 (@mercurial_child) October 20, 2018
Pete Davidson showering in a McDonalds Because Ariana Kicked him out of her million dollar mansion pic.twitter.com/c0LCmubeMa
— Faiith Dunn (@ItsFaithYuh) October 17, 2018
When “pete davidson” comes on shuffle pic.twitter.com/F9q4tvDITd
— Former Whore 🥀 (@Palerosegarden) October 18, 2018
ariana when she’s asked to sing pete davidson pic.twitter.com/h15tMD93IW
— spooky tay 😮 (@lamechambie) October 18, 2018
Me listening to “pete davidson” pic.twitter.com/toET16fhNZ
— Yaritza 🥀✨ (@lilyari__) October 17, 2018
Honestly, while he’s probably seen better days at the moment, Pete Davidson is in all likelihood going to be just fine. Within a week of the split, the Saturday Night Live star was already cracking jokes at a comedy show in West Hollywood about looking for a roommate and covering up tattoos:
“So, obviously you know I, we [Ariana and I] broke up or whatever but when me and her first got engaged we got tattoos,” he later continued. “And it was like in a magazine like, ‘Was Pete Davidson stupid?’ And 93% of it said yes,” Davidson told the audience. “So my boy, he was like, ‘Don’t listen to that s–t man. They’re literally f–king haters.’ And I’m like, yeah, f–k that. I’m not stupid. And the other day we were in my kitchen and he was like, ‘Yo bro. Turns out you were stupid.’”
Hey, he said it, not us.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.