- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
Fans finally got their first look at the live-action Pokémon movie, Pokemon Detective Pikachu, and Monday’s trailer has blown up the internet and offered up several memes.
Starring Ryan Reynolds as everyone’s favorite electric mouse detective, it follows a talking Pikachu that’s helping a young man named Tim Goodman get to the bottom of where his private eye father has disappeared to.
As expected, people have had varied reactions to the other Pokémon in the upcoming movie, and many aren’t taking too kindly to them. Some describe them as “nightmare fuel,” or “unforgivable,” like the angry Jigglypuff seen in a coffee shop in the movie’s first full-length trailer.
But many are digging it, too.
Bro this furry Jigglypuff is unforgivable pic.twitter.com/qb3j9edjDr— WOLF IS FREE!!! (@shofu) November 12, 2018
Funnily enough, this mad little pink puffball is, as Twitter user @Isirikul sums it up, a mood. Many are embracing the weirdly realistic Jigglypuff that seems mad.
Jigglypuff is a Goddamn MOOD. pic.twitter.com/jSoEWfohjj— Laura Claus (@lsirikul) November 12, 2018
Jigglypuff did it, case closed. pic.twitter.com/f3KKF4By1V— Blank Check Podcast (@blankcheckpod) November 12, 2018
Jigglypuff: "We don't take requests"— Andrien @ PAX Unplugged (@EscoBlades) November 12, 2018
Someone: "SING AFRICA BY TOTO!"
This is not Jigglypuff, this is an 80-year-old lady who yells at the caretaker in the nursing home insisting that her glam rock career can still take off pic.twitter.com/NK3N944Pbt— Rata☄ (@RANK10YGO) November 12, 2018
People love to meme this little furry Jigglypuff up—and the film isn’t out until 2019.
The years have not been kind to lounge singer jigglypuff pic.twitter.com/nxtzMkuK54— Sara Sorrentino (@SaraSorrentino) November 12, 2018
(singing stops) pic.twitter.com/Jltj9h5mOs— DitzyFlama (@DitzyFlama) November 12, 2018
people on Instagram vs people on Twitter pic.twitter.com/q3Sch4P8qW— Chris Godfrey (@ChrisPJGodfrey) November 12, 2018
It’s even bringing back some of our favorite memes, like this ol’ standby from A Star is Born, the “take another look at you” meme that we know and love. Here Jigglypuff sings alongside Bradley Cooper.
Let’s be honest—the movie doesn’t look great. But at the very least, it’s delivering in terms of hot and fresh new meme content. This Jigglypuff is still just as creepy and weird as the rest of the CG monsters, but it’s at least providing plenty of laughs.
Until the film hits theaters, you’ve got plenty of time to play the original 3DS game and crack the case.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.