- The 2nd gen Amazon Echo Show is a digital assistant game-changer 1 Month Ago
- How to watch ESPNU online for free 1 Month Ago
- ‘The Fix’ is another talk show Hail Mary from Netflix Today 6:45 AM
- 2018 was the year the ‘alt-right’ failed Today 6:20 AM
- The best Italian movies on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2018 college bowl games Today 6:00 AM
- Miss USA thought everyone spoke English—and the internet is not amused Thursday 8:02 PM
- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t Thursday 4:55 PM
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed Thursday 4:39 PM
- Oprah says what was really on her mind while she ate bland chicken Thursday 4:00 PM
- Democrats predicted to go in on net neutrality when they take House Thursday 3:33 PM
- Holland Tunnel decorations are a real nightmare before Christmas Thursday 2:12 PM
- Amazon still won’t say whether ICE uses its facial recognition tech Thursday 1:13 PM
- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:00 PM
The angry Jigglypuff in ‘Detective Pikachu’ is already a meme
People love this salty little puffball.
Fans finally got their first look at the live-action Pokémon movie, Pokemon Detective Pikachu, and Monday’s trailer has blown up the internet and offered up several memes.
Starring Ryan Reynolds as everyone’s favorite electric mouse detective, it follows a talking Pikachu that’s helping a young man named Tim Goodman get to the bottom of where his private eye father has disappeared to.
As expected, people have had varied reactions to the other Pokémon in the upcoming movie, and many aren’t taking too kindly to them. Some describe them as “nightmare fuel,” or “unforgivable,” like the angry Jigglypuff seen in a coffee shop in the movie’s first full-length trailer.
But many are digging it, too.
Bro this furry Jigglypuff is unforgivable pic.twitter.com/qb3j9edjDr
— WOLF IS FREE!!! (@shofu) November 12, 2018
Funnily enough, this mad little pink puffball is, as Twitter user @Isirikul sums it up, a mood. Many are embracing the weirdly realistic Jigglypuff that seems mad.
Jigglypuff is a Goddamn MOOD. pic.twitter.com/jSoEWfohjj
— Laura Claus (@lsirikul) November 12, 2018
Jigglypuff did it, case closed. pic.twitter.com/f3KKF4By1V
— Blank Check Podcast (@blankcheckpod) November 12, 2018
Jigglypuff: "We don't take requests"
Someone: "SING AFRICA BY TOTO!"
— Andrien @ PAX Unplugged (@EscoBlades) November 12, 2018
This is not Jigglypuff, this is an 80-year-old lady who yells at the caretaker in the nursing home insisting that her glam rock career can still take off pic.twitter.com/NK3N944Pbt
— Rata☄ (@RANK10YGO) November 12, 2018
People love to meme this little furry Jigglypuff up—and the film isn’t out until 2019.
The years have not been kind to lounge singer jigglypuff pic.twitter.com/nxtzMkuK54
— Sara Sorrentino (@SaraSorrentino) November 12, 2018
(singing stops) pic.twitter.com/Jltj9h5mOs
— DitzyFlama (@DitzyFlama) November 12, 2018
people on Instagram vs people on Twitter pic.twitter.com/q3Sch4P8qW
— Chris Godfrey (@ChrisPJGodfrey) November 12, 2018
It’s even bringing back some of our favorite memes, like this ol’ standby from A Star is Born, the “take another look at you” meme that we know and love. Here Jigglypuff sings alongside Bradley Cooper.
— Whitney McIntosh (@WhitneyM02) November 12, 2018
— dori (@reverendtoller) November 12, 2018
Let’s be honest—the movie doesn’t look great. But at the very least, it’s delivering in terms of hot and fresh new meme content. This Jigglypuff is still just as creepy and weird as the rest of the CG monsters, but it’s at least providing plenty of laughs.
Until the film hits theaters, you’ve got plenty of time to play the original 3DS game and crack the case.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.