- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Wednesday 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Wednesday 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Wednesday 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Wednesday 10:43 AM
Adam Rippon wore a harness to the Oscars—and the internet loved it
Adam Rippon really knows how to make a red carpet entrance. The 28-year-old figure skater, who won a bronze medal at the 2018 Winter Olympics, showed up at the 90th Academy Awards ceremony on Sunday wearing a tux with an attached harness by designer Jeremy Scott.
Of course, the internet went crazy for it.
— Tyra Banks (@tyrabanks) March 4, 2018
when you get a scruff notification at a work function pic.twitter.com/bVQx3lxayS
— Jackson McHenry (@McHenryJD) March 4, 2018
— Ricky Davila (@TheRickyDavila) March 5, 2018
— Emerson Collins (@ActuallyEmerson) March 4, 2018
If Adam Rippon wearing a harness at the Oscars isn't a big fuckin mood I don't know what is
— Goforth (@aka_quicksilver) March 4, 2018
The look already inspired some memes.
— Michael Blackmon (@blackmon) March 4, 2018
::wakes up from a nap and sees the Adam Rippon red carpet pic:: pic.twitter.com/mKcA2PHeiV
— Slade (@Slade) March 4, 2018
Rippon is attending the Oscars with fellow Team USA figure skater Mirai Nagasu, who was the first American woman to land a triple axel at the Winter Olympics. The pair apparently had a lot of fans on the red carpet.
This is fact: I witnessed more people greeting these two @Olympics stars, asking for selfies, professing love than any actors or nominees. It’s already turning out to be great #Oscars for @Adaripp @mirai_nagasu. He told me he wants to meet Meryl Streep over anyone. pic.twitter.com/IrxBi0yqMH
— Chris Gardner (@chrissgardner) March 5, 2018
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.