- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels 2 Years Ago
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes 2 Years Ago
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds 2 Years Ago
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Today 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Today 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
Adam Rippon really knows how to make a red carpet entrance. The 28-year-old figure skater, who won a bronze medal at the 2018 Winter Olympics, showed up at the 90th Academy Awards ceremony on Sunday wearing a tux with an attached harness by designer Jeremy Scott.
Of course, the internet went crazy for it.
when you get a scruff notification at a work function pic.twitter.com/bVQx3lxayS— Jackson McHenry (@McHenryJD) March 4, 2018
If Adam Rippon wearing a harness at the Oscars isn't a big fuckin mood I don't know what is— Goforth (@aka_quicksilver) March 4, 2018
The look already inspired some memes.
::wakes up from a nap and sees the Adam Rippon red carpet pic:: pic.twitter.com/mKcA2PHeiV— Slade (@Slade) March 4, 2018
Rippon is attending the Oscars with fellow Team USA figure skater Mirai Nagasu, who was the first American woman to land a triple axel at the Winter Olympics. The pair apparently had a lot of fans on the red carpet.
This is fact: I witnessed more people greeting these two @Olympics stars, asking for selfies, professing love than any actors or nominees. It’s already turning out to be great #Oscars for @Adaripp @mirai_nagasu. He told me he wants to meet Meryl Streep over anyone. pic.twitter.com/IrxBi0yqMH— Chris Gardner (@chrissgardner) March 5, 2018
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.