- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
Watching this man find out he’s 98 is truly priceless.
Every 2-year-old will happily tell you how old they are, and when they’ll be turning 3, but as we get older it becomes a bit harder to keep track.
Take, for instance, this son who filmed a conversation with his father. It starts with a simple enough question: “How old do you think you are?”
“Seventy-nine,” answers the dad, matter-of-factly.
But turns out he was a wee bit off. He continues to guess and each time the son says “Higher.” As the numbers go up, so does the old man’s surprise.
Caution: The video below contains as much profanity as there would be if you suddenly found out you were 98.
“Your ass!” the old man exclaims when he finally hits the right number, “I am not 98 years old!”
But, it turns out, he does remember the year he was born: 1919, and his math skills are still sharp enough that he can’t deny that yes, he is indeed 98. “Holy fuck!” he says, which is a fair reaction.
“Time flies when you’re having fun,” says the son, trying to soften the blow. “You’re gonna be 99 this summer.”
This revelation also leads him to the startling conclusion that the following year he will be 100. “Holy fuck!” he says again, “Geez, I’m gonna be an old fucking man!”
With any luck, we’ll get another video of that birthday party, hopefully complete with a cake that says “Holy Fuck! You’re 100!”
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.