- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
Guy downs 100 Peeps in 2 minutes, because Easter
Peep lovers, look away.
If you can eat it, Matt Stonie can eat more of it. That’s the claim to fame of the of long-locked YouTuber who, over his brief career assaulting his stomach with foodstuffs, has accomplished some extraordinary feats: eating five Big Macs in under a minute, downing a two liter bottle of coke without letting out so much as a burp, and stuffing 120 Chicken McNuggets down into his stretchy acid bag.
For Easter Sunday, Stonie had a special treat in store for his viewers: Peeps, those puffy neon-colored birds that look about as appetizing as a piece of sugar-coated styrofoam.
Stonie explains his motivation at the beginning of the vid, rattling off the names of a few other YouTube power eaters and detailing their Peep casualty count.
“Pat Bertoletti did 30 Peeps in 35 seconds,” he says. “Furious Pete did 60 Peeps in 2 minutes. So naturally, today is the 100 Peep Challenge,” he concludes, calling into question his understanding of nature’s physical laws. “Because Leibniz downed 50 apples yesterday, I must down 100 today” appeared nowhere in the writings of Isaac Newton, at least as far as I know.
Anyway, apparently compelled by this heretofore unknown natural force, Stonie lays into the birds: 50 yellow, 50 pink. They fly into his mouth so fast it’s like his tongue is actually a conveyor belt. If the little guys were to suddenly grow real wings and attempt to escape, there’s still no way they’d escape the black hole this guy secretly hides in his gut.
After about two minutes the whole gruesome ordeal is over, the only sign of the Peeps’ brief existence a smattering of sugar dust on the countertop.
Screengrab via Matt Stonie
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.