- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? 6 Years Ago
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Today 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Today 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Today 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
- Conquer Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether you’re shopping online or IRL Today 10:40 AM
- #DeadUploadDay: YouTubers fight new rules for monetizing kids videos Today 10:39 AM
Guy downs 100 Peeps in 2 minutes, because Easter
Peep lovers, look away.
If you can eat it, Matt Stonie can eat more of it. That’s the claim to fame of the of long-locked YouTuber who, over his brief career assaulting his stomach with foodstuffs, has accomplished some extraordinary feats: eating five Big Macs in under a minute, downing a two liter bottle of coke without letting out so much as a burp, and stuffing 120 Chicken McNuggets down into his stretchy acid bag.
For Easter Sunday, Stonie had a special treat in store for his viewers: Peeps, those puffy neon-colored birds that look about as appetizing as a piece of sugar-coated styrofoam.
Stonie explains his motivation at the beginning of the vid, rattling off the names of a few other YouTube power eaters and detailing their Peep casualty count.
“Pat Bertoletti did 30 Peeps in 35 seconds,” he says. “Furious Pete did 60 Peeps in 2 minutes. So naturally, today is the 100 Peep Challenge,” he concludes, calling into question his understanding of nature’s physical laws. “Because Leibniz downed 50 apples yesterday, I must down 100 today” appeared nowhere in the writings of Isaac Newton, at least as far as I know.
Anyway, apparently compelled by this heretofore unknown natural force, Stonie lays into the birds: 50 yellow, 50 pink. They fly into his mouth so fast it’s like his tongue is actually a conveyor belt. If the little guys were to suddenly grow real wings and attempt to escape, there’s still no way they’d escape the black hole this guy secretly hides in his gut.
After about two minutes the whole gruesome ordeal is over, the only sign of the Peeps’ brief existence a smattering of sugar dust on the countertop.
Screengrab via Matt Stonie
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.