- Bernie Sanders projected to win Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Here’s everything you need to know to stream Duke vs. North Carolina live on Saturday.
Duke vs. North Carolina
- When: 6pm ET on Saturday, Feb. 8
- Where: Dean Smith Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Broadcast: ESPN
- Streaming Services: Hulu with Live TV, Sling TV, AT&T TV Now, YouTube TV
Duke vs. North Carolina: Preview
Just a year removed from Shoe-gate, Duke travels to play North Carolina in what is surely college basketball’s greatest rivalry. Zion Williamson and Nike made headlines in 2019, but the story tonight is solely on the court with two programs that are unhappy with their 2020 seasons thus far. The Blue Devils are ranked No. 7 but already have three losses, including two eyesores for the committee against Clemson and Stephen F. Austin. The Tar Heels, on the other hand, are a living nightmare with a 10-12 record so far and the NCAA tournament out of sight. North Carolina has lost 13 games or more in a season just four times since 1952.
Duke vs. North Carolina live stream: How to watch NCAA men’s basketball
These streaming services provide fans the opportunity to catch college action throughout the season.
- Cost: $54.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its broad spectrum of offerings, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get free access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
2) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $30-$45 per month ($10 off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Microsoft Edge, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV provides two base channel package options, each priced at $30 per month. Sling Orange includes three ESPN channels, while Sling Blue includes sports channels like NBCSN (where many Premier League matches appear), NFL Network, and local channels. (Sling Blue customers in select markets get NBC, where some matches appear; see if yours has it here.) Sling Blue also brings Fox News Channel, MSNBC, and Headline News as part of its regular slate of channels, with Fox Business Channel available for those who get the Sling Blue News Extra add-on.
If you’re Team “Why Not Both,” Sling Orange + Blue combines the two for just $45 per month.
Other features include a Free Cloud DVR tier for all subscribers (allowing 10 hours of recording a month), the ability to record all live linear channels, and no VOD preemption on any channels. New subscribers get $10 off the first month.
To add beIN SPORTS and ESPN Deportes and maximize your soccer-watching potential, you’ll want to add either Sports Extra: Sling Orange ($5 per month) or Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month). (The latter also includes NFL RedZone.)
Spanish-speaking viewers have quite a few options. For bilingual families, you might consider the Español: Best of Spanish TV package for either Sling Orange or Sling Blue for 24/7 specialty channel LaLiga TV and beIN SPORTS Connect: Channels 4-9, which features matches from La Liga, Ligue 1 and Copa del Rey, among others. Both packages cost $5 per month after your free trial. Sling TV Latino is another Spanish-language package for $10 per month, including NBC Universo, History en Español, and—of importance to soccer fans—four beIN SPORTS channels. (And choosing Best of Spanish + Sling Orange for $35 per month gives you access to ESPN Deportes.) For more information, check out our guide to Sling TV channels and our Sling TV review.
3) AT&T TV Now
- Cost: $65-$135 per month
- AT&T TV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
AT&T TV Now is a bonus for AT&T wireless customers, especially for those who happen to be soccer fans. It provides instant access to more than 45 channels, including local channels. That means NBC as well as NBCSN for Premier League action, Fox as well as FS1 and FS2, and ESPN and ESPN2 for its array of other sports programming. It even offers free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR for up to 20 hours of TV recording per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
4) YouTube TV
- Cost: $50 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- YouTube TV local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great option for sports fans, including TNT for NBA, NBC and NBCSN for NFL and Premier League matches, and ESPN for college sports, NHL and MLB. (Take a look at the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
Duke vs. North Carolina: Recent games, summary of last week, upcoming matchups
Duke (last five ACC games: WWWWL) and coach Mike Krzyzewski have continued their dominance of college hoops and the ACC, as well as sending their blue-chip prospects to the NBA in the summer. Projected lottery pick Vernon Carey Jr. is averaging 18 points and 9 rebounds per game with a 59% FG percentage, all of which are the team best. The Blue Devils have gotten back in their comfort zone, with four-straight wins following the loss to No. 11 Louisville and the Clemson upset.
North Carolina (last five ACC games: LLWWL) men’s basketball is on pace to finish below .500 for just the third time since legendary coach Dean Smith took over in 1961. Roy Williams’ squad is having an uncharacteristically bad year for the Tar Heels’ standards, but we are not even five years removed from North Carolina winning the 2017 NCAA title over Gonzaga. An upset over North Carolina’s arch rivals would be a silver lining on an ultimately disappointing season, and potential top-10 pick Cole Anthony is the Tar Heels’ best hope.
Duke, Monday, Feb. 10 vs. No. 8 Florida State (ACC); Saturday, Feb. 15 vs. Notre Dame (ACC)
North Carolina, Tuesday, Feb. 11 at Wake Forest (ACC); Saturday, Feb. 15 vs. Virginia
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jackson Fowler is the Daily Dot's resident football expert. Both kinds. He's a former editorial intern with the newsroom. You can follow him on Twitter at @jacksnfwler.