- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Wednesday 12:08 PM
Will Ferrell offers to bite Germany’s players in World Cup match
That’s what you call team spirit.
America’s secret weapon for advancing to the Round of 16 isn’t Clint Dempsey’s foot, but Will Ferrell’s mouth.
On the eve of the highly anticipated U.S. vs. Germany World Cup game, the comedy legend made a surprise appearance alongside Teddy Goalsevelt in Recife, Brazil. During a #FanHQ party, Sunil Gulati, president of the U.S. Soccer Federation, announced that under FIFA rules, the U.S. could sub in a player for the injured Jozy Altidore.
The surprise substitution was none other than the Anchorman himself, Will Ferrell. Ferrell, prepared to pull out a win for the U.S. at all costs, proudly proclaimed to the crowd, “I will bite every German player if I have to!” That’s what you call team spirit.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.