- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
Erin Andrews handles gibberish postgame interview with a straight face
Get it together, kid.
You have to hand it to Fox Sports’ Erin Andrews for being able to roll with the punches.
After her much-discussed postgame interview with Seahawks DB Richard Sherman following the NFC Championship game against the 49ers, Andrews showed again her ability to show her improv chops—or in the case of her chat with San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey, her knack for following childish gibberish.
The Giants, now on their way to the World Series for the third time in five years, pulled off a ninth-inning, walk-off win against the St. Louis Cardinals thanks to a three-run blast from Travis Ishikawa. Speaking after the game with former two-time MVP Buster Posey, the chaotic scene turned nutso when Andrews noticed Posey’s son Lee in the player’s arms and told the youngster “to get it together” since his dad’s team was headed to Kansas City for the big prize.
Lee then took over the microphone and give his best Sam Kinison impression with a stream of gobbledygook that is being widely discussed on social media. Since the interview was being show on the big screen at AT&T Park, the crowd erupted with a roar as proud papa stood by and smiled.
Omfg buster posey’s son was so adorable even though I’m pretty sure he wasn’t even speaking English
— Hannah (@hannahjanigian) October 17, 2014
In reaction to the non-speak, Andrews smiled, nodded her head, and gave viewers the impression she was intently listening to the sage wisdom of the prophets.
Maybe he was trying to predict the winner of the Series? We’ll never know. Game 1 goes down this Tuesday, Oct. 21.
Allen Weiner has been a market research analyst in the area of new media and technology since 1994. He’s worked as writer, publisher and newspaper executive. He is the co-founder and publisher of Kombucha Network and the former managing vice president of Gartner.