- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout 5 Years Ago
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Today 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Today 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Today 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Today 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Today 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Today 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Today 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
Patriots fans arrested at NFL offices after staging a sit-in
‘I’d die for Brady.’
It looks like we’ve found the kind of people who are willing to donate to a GoFundMe page to defray the cost of a $1 million fine that the New England Patriots have to pay for the #DeflateGate scandal.
Actually, these guys are a bit more extreme than giving $10 to a totally stupid cause. These guys are willing to get arrested for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
After Brady was suspended Monday for the first four games of the 2015 season for his role in the scandal—the Ted Wells report said it was more probable than not that one of the greatest quarterbacks in league history and a four-time Super Bowl champion was part of a conspiracy to illegally deflate footballs — four Patriots supporters infiltrated the NFL offices in New York to protest the punishment.
As they were being arrested and led out of the Manhattan offices, this is what they said.
A video posted by JoeGags (@joeguagliardo) on
In case you missed it, the guys said either, “Free Brady” or “I’d die for Brady; I’d die for [coach Bill] Belichick” or “This is the best day of my life, being arrested for Tom Brady.” Hey, it’s (somewhat) funny stuff, because clearly, they’re not being serious.
Here’s how the protest began.
And how it continued.
And here’s what happened when building security got involved.
But you know what’s not funny? The people giving to that GoFundMe page. Which, as of 10:15 p.m. ET on Tuesday, had received $11,756 by 830 people. That’s 830 people who should have found a better way to spend their money.
Which leads us all to the stunning conclusion. Here’s the apparent ringleader of the sit-down protest.
Photo via Lisa Kraus Edwards/Twitter
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.