- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars 4 Years Ago
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Today 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Today 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
Patriots fans arrested at NFL offices after staging a sit-in
‘I’d die for Brady.’
It looks like we’ve found the kind of people who are willing to donate to a GoFundMe page to defray the cost of a $1 million fine that the New England Patriots have to pay for the #DeflateGate scandal.
Actually, these guys are a bit more extreme than giving $10 to a totally stupid cause. These guys are willing to get arrested for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
After Brady was suspended Monday for the first four games of the 2015 season for his role in the scandal—the Ted Wells report said it was more probable than not that one of the greatest quarterbacks in league history and a four-time Super Bowl champion was part of a conspiracy to illegally deflate footballs — four Patriots supporters infiltrated the NFL offices in New York to protest the punishment.
As they were being arrested and led out of the Manhattan offices, this is what they said.
A video posted by JoeGags (@joeguagliardo) on
In case you missed it, the guys said either, “Free Brady” or “I’d die for Brady; I’d die for [coach Bill] Belichick” or “This is the best day of my life, being arrested for Tom Brady.” Hey, it’s (somewhat) funny stuff, because clearly, they’re not being serious.
Here’s how the protest began.
And how it continued.
And here’s what happened when building security got involved.
But you know what’s not funny? The people giving to that GoFundMe page. Which, as of 10:15 p.m. ET on Tuesday, had received $11,756 by 830 people. That’s 830 people who should have found a better way to spend their money.
Which leads us all to the stunning conclusion. Here’s the apparent ringleader of the sit-down protest.
Photo via Lisa Kraus Edwards/Twitter
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.