- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
Jameis Winston suspended for shouting obscene Internet meme
That viral “FHRITP” meme got a star quarterback put on the bench.
Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is sitting out the first half of Saturday’s game against Clemson after shouting an obscene Internet meme on campus Tuesday.
You know the one. It’s called FHRITP, for “[blank] her right in the [blank].”
According to various accounts from fellow students, Winston was seen standing on a table on the Florida State campus shouting FHRITP on Tuesday. It’s made plenty of appearances since an Internet hoax went viral a few months back, but now it’s even reached the college football circuit with a Heisman Trophy winner getting in on the fun.
Lmaoo Jameis Winston standing on a table in the middle of campus and screaming fuck her right in the pussy >>> #gonoles
— randy (@shake_yo_booDEE) September 16, 2014
With plenty of students onhand to tweet about the incident, it didn’t fall under the radar. For his quick outburst, Winston was suspended for half a game.
“As a result of his comments yesterday, which were offensive and vulgar, Jameis Winston will undergo internal discipline and will be withheld from competition for the first half of the Clemson game,” Florida State Interim President Garnett S. Stokes and Athletic Director Stan Wilcox said in a joint statement.
It’s by no means the first time Winston has made headlines for actions off the field. An extensive investigation by the New York Times revealed that Winston was accused of sexually assaulting another student but never charged, and he’s only now the subject of a Florida State inquiry. Last spring, he was cited for stealing crab legs from a grocery store.
It’s like the man is just… not… thinking.
jameis winston is a real treat pic.twitter.com/ARPpyBkxHK
— kelly cohen (@politiCOHEN_) September 17, 2014
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.