- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Wednesday 12:08 PM
One day, you’re proudly displayed on the WWE website wearing a flaming feather boa, and the next, you’ve vanished from thin air.
Hulk Hogan, perhaps the most recognizable and dominant figure in sports entertainment history, has been cut loose from the organization that turned Hulkamania into a national phenomenon, the WWE announced Friday morning. WWE shared an official statement with the Daily Dot.
“WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide.”
The news was officially broken by the National Enquirer Friday morning.
“In a shocking world exclusive, The National ENQUIRER and RadarOnline.com — in a joint investigation — has learned that sordid pillow talk caught on an unauthorized sex tape includes a revolting conversation in which the pro wrestling icon unleashed a filthy bigoted attack, littered with the N-word and other disgusting racial insults,” reads the post on the Enquirer.
The Enquirer reports the hatred was directed at his daughter, Brooke Hogan, who he accuses of sleeping with a black man.
A user on the forum the Coli called this parting of ways Thursday night. He said sources confirmed that the Hulk would be sent to skulk away.
Now it appears that not only has the WWE removed Hogan for its roster but also completely removed him from its website.
Hogan has not directly responded to the very public dumping, but he did take to Twitter in the wee hours of Friday morning to share a cryptic thought.
In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH
— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) July 24, 2015
Between this, and the high-profile lawsuit with Gawker Media, Hulk is truly up against the ropes.
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.