- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Tuesday 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Tuesday 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Tuesday 11:21 AM
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Tuesday 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Tuesday 10:26 AM
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Tuesday 9:21 AM
One day, you’re proudly displayed on the WWE website wearing a flaming feather boa, and the next, you’ve vanished from thin air.
Hulk Hogan, perhaps the most recognizable and dominant figure in sports entertainment history, has been cut loose from the organization that turned Hulkamania into a national phenomenon, the WWE announced Friday morning. WWE shared an official statement with the Daily Dot.
“WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide.”
The news was officially broken by the National Enquirer Friday morning.
“In a shocking world exclusive, The National ENQUIRER and RadarOnline.com — in a joint investigation — has learned that sordid pillow talk caught on an unauthorized sex tape includes a revolting conversation in which the pro wrestling icon unleashed a filthy bigoted attack, littered with the N-word and other disgusting racial insults,” reads the post on the Enquirer.
The Enquirer reports the hatred was directed at his daughter, Brooke Hogan, who he accuses of sleeping with a black man.
A user on the forum the Coli called this parting of ways Thursday night. He said sources confirmed that the Hulk would be sent to skulk away.
Now it appears that not only has the WWE removed Hogan for its roster but also completely removed him from its website.
Hogan has not directly responded to the very public dumping, but he did take to Twitter in the wee hours of Friday morning to share a cryptic thought.
In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH
— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) July 24, 2015
Between this, and the high-profile lawsuit with Gawker Media, Hulk is truly up against the ropes.
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.