- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
One day, you’re proudly displayed on the WWE website wearing a flaming feather boa, and the next, you’ve vanished from thin air.
Hulk Hogan, perhaps the most recognizable and dominant figure in sports entertainment history, has been cut loose from the organization that turned Hulkamania into a national phenomenon, the WWE announced Friday morning. WWE shared an official statement with the Daily Dot.
“WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide.”
The news was officially broken by the National Enquirer Friday morning.
“In a shocking world exclusive, The National ENQUIRER and RadarOnline.com — in a joint investigation — has learned that sordid pillow talk caught on an unauthorized sex tape includes a revolting conversation in which the pro wrestling icon unleashed a filthy bigoted attack, littered with the N-word and other disgusting racial insults,” reads the post on the Enquirer.
The Enquirer reports the hatred was directed at his daughter, Brooke Hogan, who he accuses of sleeping with a black man.
A user on the forum the Coli called this parting of ways Thursday night. He said sources confirmed that the Hulk would be sent to skulk away.
Now it appears that not only has the WWE removed Hogan for its roster but also completely removed him from its website.
Hogan has not directly responded to the very public dumping, but he did take to Twitter in the wee hours of Friday morning to share a cryptic thought.
In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH
— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) July 24, 2015
Between this, and the high-profile lawsuit with Gawker Media, Hulk is truly up against the ropes.
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.