- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
Antonio Brown levels Cleveland Browns punter with brutal dropkick
This looks like something out of the WWE.
Antonio Brown was returning a punt during the second quarter of his Pittsburgh Steelers’ opening game against the Cleveland Browns yesterday when his attempt to hurdle over Cleveland punter Spencer Lanning resulted in a move more fitting for professional wrestling.
Brown ended up returning the punt 46 yards, though most of it became moot when officials cited the speedy wide receiver for 15 yards for unnecessary roughness.
“No intent to hurt him,” Brown said after the game. “I had my mind made up. I thought he was going low and I tried to leap over him. It was just a bad outcome of a play.”
It received the fabled WWE Jim Ross treatment before nightfall.
Lanning appeared to take it all in stride, though. Good for him. Hopefully he got some frozen peas on his face stat.
Wait, wait, wait… When did this happen?!? pic.twitter.com/SzU9wDVx23
— Spencer Lanning (@LanningSpencer) September 7, 2014
Photo via BleacherReport/Twitter
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.