- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Thursday 12:01 PM
The best of YouTube’s gender-bending makeup tutorials
Witness four astonishing transformations in these videos.
You can learn a lot of things from YouTube’s massive library of tutorials, even how to look like the opposite sex. YouTube, a site laden with ego and personal branding, is no stranger to identity experimentation, and viewers flock to tutorials of males turning into females and vice versa. Here are a few of the Daily Dot’s favorites:
1) Genderbender2010’s transformation from a brown-haired boy to a pretty blonde has been viewed 3.7 million times in a year. “I don’t know why, but I found this really moving,” wrote carlablub on the 7 minute video done to the tune of Gary Go’s “Wonderful.”
2) “I am the man,” declares ActingitoutMakeup in her less than four minute video tutorial which includes a fake mustache. The 18 year old Norwegian cheekily applies concealer and realistic stubble to the tune of Mulan’s “I’ll make a man out of you.”
3) “Full Boy to Girl MAC Transformation” shows Atheistfreethinker17 go from a redheaded male rocker to a hipster-glasses wearing brunette female. “[You’re] like totally HOT both ways!!!,” commented xCaliBlondex on the six minute tutorial.
4) Promise Tamang Phan, aka Dope2111, jokes her new years resolution for 2012 is to do less female-to-male tutorials “so my husband doesn’t leave me.” Besides a great Michael Jackson, and a Lil Wayne, Phan also does an amazing Drake, which has been viewed 2 million times in six months.
Image via YouTube
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.