- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review 8 Years Ago
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus 8 Years Ago
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic Today 8:42 AM
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
The best of YouTube’s gender-bending makeup tutorials
Witness four astonishing transformations in these videos.
You can learn a lot of things from YouTube’s massive library of tutorials, even how to look like the opposite sex. YouTube, a site laden with ego and personal branding, is no stranger to identity experimentation, and viewers flock to tutorials of males turning into females and vice versa. Here are a few of the Daily Dot’s favorites:
1) Genderbender2010’s transformation from a brown-haired boy to a pretty blonde has been viewed 3.7 million times in a year. “I don’t know why, but I found this really moving,” wrote carlablub on the 7 minute video done to the tune of Gary Go’s “Wonderful.”
2) “I am the man,” declares ActingitoutMakeup in her less than four minute video tutorial which includes a fake mustache. The 18 year old Norwegian cheekily applies concealer and realistic stubble to the tune of Mulan’s “I’ll make a man out of you.”
3) “Full Boy to Girl MAC Transformation” shows Atheistfreethinker17 go from a redheaded male rocker to a hipster-glasses wearing brunette female. “[You’re] like totally HOT both ways!!!,” commented xCaliBlondex on the six minute tutorial.
4) Promise Tamang Phan, aka Dope2111, jokes her new years resolution for 2012 is to do less female-to-male tutorials “so my husband doesn’t leave me.” Besides a great Michael Jackson, and a Lil Wayne, Phan also does an amazing Drake, which has been viewed 2 million times in six months.
Image via YouTube
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.