- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds 7 Years Ago
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ 7 Years Ago
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Today 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Today 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Today 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Today 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Today 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
Man shaves head to support pregnant wife during chemotherapy
Redditor slamhead’s wife is pregnant and undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer. On Thanksgiving, the two decided to shave their heads together.
Redditor slamhead and his wife are expecting their first baby in a matter of weeks.
The baby—a girl—is expected to grow up happy and healthy, the product of two loving parents who will do anything they can to raise her right.
That’s something on which slamhead and his wife are wholly and intently focused, though it’s not the only issue currently on their minds.
As slamhead points out, his wife is currently suffering from stage two breast cancer. Doctors say the prognosis is good—for both she and the baby—but chemotherapy is in full swing, and the doctors have told Mrs. slamhead that it’s only a matter of time before she starts to lose grip of the hair that’s attached to her head.
That sensation started on Tuesday. She stepped into the shower and her hair started to fall out.
A day later, the two decided that something had to be done.
And so, shortly after finishing their Thanksgiving meals last night, slamhead and his wife brought a chair and hair clippers into their living room and started to go to town.
Before the night was over, the two had shaved both of their heads completely bald.
slamhead documented the shorning and posted his slideshow to Reddit, where it received more than 800 comments in less than two hours.
“Tell your wife she is a damn hero,” redditor MizDocta noted. “I cannot imagine having to undergo chemo with pregnancy. This really puts things into perspective for me … Please tell your wife, even though I’m a random lady on the internet, that she is a real inspiration, and obviously really fucking strong, inside and out. I wish you, your wife, and your baby all the best.”
It’s the best that those three deserve, and though the saga’s far from over, this story comes with a happy ending. The chemotherapy’s working, and the drugs Mrs. slamhead’s taking won’t cross the placenta. The baby’s safe from danger and expected in the next few weeks.
Photo via slamhead/Imgur
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.