- Forever 21 put a white model in its Wakanda sweater 7 Years Ago
- People are not feeling Will Smith’s Genie look in the ‘Aladdin’ remake 7 Years Ago
- Rudy Giuliani really wants James Comey to become a verb 7 Years Ago
- Facebook shared your DMs with tech giants like Netflix and Spotify (updated) 7 Years Ago
- These very awkward Fortnite PSAs tell kids they can be winners by ditching their Juuls Today 8:52 AM
- Blind worm that keeps its head in the sand named after Trump Today 8:35 AM
- How to watch Bayern Munich vs. RB Leipzig online for free Today 8:12 AM
- Why Gritty was one of the most popular memes of 2018 Today 7:00 AM
- Kelly Sue DeConnick explores the mythic sensibility of her new Aquaman comic Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the History Channel online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Why the Senate’s First Step Act isn’t true criminal justice reform Today 5:30 AM
- Mom calls cops on son who can’t get ready for school on time Tuesday 11:19 PM
- Tinder exec fired after involvement in lawsuit alleging sexual assault Tuesday 10:48 PM
- Woman matches on Tinder with LaCroix thief—and his victim Tuesday 7:38 PM
- U.K. police will have to disclose documents about WikiLeaks journalists Tuesday 6:37 PM
Each week, Curators of Sweden turns over the its official Twitter account to a different resident, resulting in a varied and unique look at life in the country.
Sweden has just taken the keys to the city award to the next level.
In an age of mass communication and increasing globalization, a country depends largely on how it is perceived abroad. … The idea is that the curators, through their tweets, create interest and arouse curiosity for Sweden and the wide range the country has to offer. The expectation is that the curators will paint a picture of Sweden, different to that usually obtained through traditional media.
“Apart from being a truck driver, I’m a girlfriend, a sister, and a feminist. I wish I could say that my life is really interesting and adventurous, but really, it isn’t,” wrote Hanna in her bio. “I enjoy life to the fullest, living my dream (’cause frankly, my girlfriend is much hotter than Modesty, not to mention the fact that she is real).”
That’s a perspective you won’t find in any tourist brochures—only Twitter.
Photo by Hanna
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.