- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
Celebrity death locations on Google Street View
Famous Death Locations uses Google Street View to create a mordid, virtual tour.
For those who like maps and morbid stuff (and who doesn’t?), a website titled simply Famous Death Locations is the place to be. It offers visitors a Google Street View trip to the addresses where 34 famous people took their last breaths. Many–like Whitney Houston, Janis Joplin andJohn Belushi–are deaths caused by drug overdose. A few others, Kurt Cobain among them, are suicides.
And there are, of course, a handful of murders as well. Listed is Gianni Versace, murdered in 1997 by spree killer Andrew Cunanan. Notorious mobster Bugsy Siegel is there, as is rapper Biggie Smalls, whose protégé group the Junior M.A.F.I.A. was instrumental in the coastal hip-hop feud that killed Tupac Shakur.