- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik 7 Years Ago
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch 7 Years Ago
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
Brazilian teen sells her virginity to pay mom’s medical bills
An 18-year-old girl is offering her virginity to the highest bidder to raise money for her mother, who recently had a stroke.
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: A woman in Brazil has taken to YouTube to announce that she’s put her virginity up for auction.
This time, however, the woman is 18 years old, and she’s doing the deed for somewhat of a good cause. The Sapeaçu native told CNN that she’s auctioning off her virginity in an effort to raise money for her struggling mother, who recently suffered a stroke.
Rebecca Bernardo is the lady who’s taken to YouTube to do the deed. Speaking with CNN last week, the 18-year-old said that she tried other methods of employment but could not raise the money necessary to get her bed-ridden mother proper care.
More than one month into the campaign, Bernardo reports that the highest bidder has offered up $35,000 for the opportunity to handle her deflowering. Such a figure pales in comparison to the hefty prize money brought in by fellow Brazilian virgin Catarina Migilorini, who used an online auction to raise $780,000 in October.
Bernardo has listed Migilorini as an inspiration for her auction, saying that “There comes a time when you have to make decisions to get what you want. You have to be strong.”
Her mother, however, is not so much a fan of the auction. From her bed, she told CNN that her daughter should “look for work.”
“She shouldn’t prostitute herself,” she added.
Photo via Master2Views/YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.