- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees 6 Years Ago
- Exclusive: House Democrats net neutrality strategy shifts month after passing major bill 6 Years Ago
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Today 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Today 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Today 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Today 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Today 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Today 10:36 AM
- Nearly half of Juul’s Twitter followers can’t legally buy the product, study says Today 10:26 AM
- New Facebook Messenger scam tricks people into thinking they donated to ISIS Today 10:26 AM
- Film meme mocks ‘brilliant’ Daenerys shot in ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 10:13 AM
- YouTube love triangle: ProJared’s mistress Commander Holly makes startling accusations Today 10:05 AM
- Middle schoolers investigated for allegedly serving semen crepes to teachers Today 10:04 AM
- Memelord from Reddit’s r/The_Donald joins Trump onstage at rally Today 9:23 AM
- Read the wild list of demands Trump’s possible new immigration czar had Today 8:48 AM
Brazilian teen sells her virginity to pay mom’s medical bills
An 18-year-old girl is offering her virginity to the highest bidder to raise money for her mother, who recently had a stroke.
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: A woman in Brazil has taken to YouTube to announce that she’s put her virginity up for auction.
This time, however, the woman is 18 years old, and she’s doing the deed for somewhat of a good cause. The Sapeaçu native told CNN that she’s auctioning off her virginity in an effort to raise money for her struggling mother, who recently suffered a stroke.
Rebecca Bernardo is the lady who’s taken to YouTube to do the deed. Speaking with CNN last week, the 18-year-old said that she tried other methods of employment but could not raise the money necessary to get her bed-ridden mother proper care.
More than one month into the campaign, Bernardo reports that the highest bidder has offered up $35,000 for the opportunity to handle her deflowering. Such a figure pales in comparison to the hefty prize money brought in by fellow Brazilian virgin Catarina Migilorini, who used an online auction to raise $780,000 in October.
Bernardo has listed Migilorini as an inspiration for her auction, saying that “There comes a time when you have to make decisions to get what you want. You have to be strong.”
Her mother, however, is not so much a fan of the auction. From her bed, she told CNN that her daughter should “look for work.”
“She shouldn’t prostitute herself,” she added.
Photo via Master2Views/YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.