- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma 7 Years Ago
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Today 11:42 AM
- New York sues JUUL for marketing to teenagers Today 11:34 AM
- The new ‘Discworld’ TV series just gender-flipped several major characters Today 10:54 AM
- David Fincher is doing a ‘Chinatown’ prequel series, naturally Today 10:43 AM
- Congress thinks Facebook is misleading you about its location tracking Today 10:36 AM
- The cast and crew of ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ offer more teases on ‘Star Wars’ conclusion Today 10:34 AM
- #FartGate takes over Twitter after lawmaker appears to pass gas on live television Today 10:24 AM
- Cop was playing YouTube video when he crashed into woman’s car at 70 mph Today 10:10 AM
- 5 last-minute gift ideas people actually want Today 9:51 AM
- South Dakota anti-meth campaign goes viral—and officials love it Today 9:38 AM
- Jeffrey Epstein guards arrested, to be charged Today 9:05 AM
- TikTok teens are savaging Mayor Pete’s ‘High Hopes’ dance Today 8:41 AM
- The coolest Easter eggs in HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:13 AM
- Billie Eilish hit herself in the face with a mic—and reminded us why we love her Today 8:01 AM
4chan hunts down gearheads over highway holdup
A couple of muscle-car maniacs are under investigation by California police—and 4chan’s auto community—after stopping traffic on a busy highway to do some donuts.
A couple of muscle-car maniacs are under investigation by California police and 4chan’s auto community after stopping traffic on a busy highway to do some donuts.
The antics on California’s Interstate 880 were caught on tape by a stopped motorist Saturday afternoon. The short video shows about four different cars, including a Mustang and Nissan 240sx, driving in circles while a handful of people look on.
The highway shenanigans inspired 4chan’s auto forum, /o/, to become “Automotive White Knights” in search of the driver’s identities. So far the community seems to have narrowed down the owner of a Nissan Silvia thanks to its bright rims, purple coloring, and stickering.
“[H]onestly, if I was stuck in that jam because of them, I would have driven my old crown vic directly into the center of their bullshit at full speed,” one anonymous 4chan user wrote. “[N]obody there would testify against me except the boy racers on trial, I have a spare car, and god willing i’d get out with minor injuries. but alas, i live on the east coast, and don’t have to deal with this kind of retardation.”
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is currently investigating the incident and studying the video for license plate numbers, the Oakland Tribune reported.
“It was like something out of a video game,” CHP spokeswoman Diana McDermott told the Tribune. “It is extremely reckless driving. In no way are our freeway systems designed for this.”
Photo via 4chan
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.