- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? 7 Years Ago
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee 7 Years Ago
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Today 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Today 10:11 AM
- Uncanny ‘Back to the Future’ deepfake transports Tom Holland and Robert Downey, Jr. to 1985 Today 10:04 AM
- Everyone is doing the Renegade. Including the teen who started it Today 9:23 AM
- Reality Winner is asking for clemency—will she get it? Today 7:59 AM
- There’s a Baby Yoda mod for ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ Today 7:38 AM
- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
4chan hunts down gearheads over highway holdup
A couple of muscle-car maniacs are under investigation by California police—and 4chan’s auto community—after stopping traffic on a busy highway to do some donuts.
A couple of muscle-car maniacs are under investigation by California police and 4chan’s auto community after stopping traffic on a busy highway to do some donuts.
The antics on California’s Interstate 880 were caught on tape by a stopped motorist Saturday afternoon. The short video shows about four different cars, including a Mustang and Nissan 240sx, driving in circles while a handful of people look on.
The highway shenanigans inspired 4chan’s auto forum, /o/, to become “Automotive White Knights” in search of the driver’s identities. So far the community seems to have narrowed down the owner of a Nissan Silvia thanks to its bright rims, purple coloring, and stickering.
“[H]onestly, if I was stuck in that jam because of them, I would have driven my old crown vic directly into the center of their bullshit at full speed,” one anonymous 4chan user wrote. “[N]obody there would testify against me except the boy racers on trial, I have a spare car, and god willing i’d get out with minor injuries. but alas, i live on the east coast, and don’t have to deal with this kind of retardation.”
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is currently investigating the incident and studying the video for license plate numbers, the Oakland Tribune reported.
“It was like something out of a video game,” CHP spokeswoman Diana McDermott told the Tribune. “It is extremely reckless driving. In no way are our freeway systems designed for this.”
Photo via 4chan
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.