- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
If you’ve been waiting to purchase an Xbox One or just want make some more room on your entertainment center shelf, your time is nigh.
Microsoft announced today that the Xbox One Slim, which is 40 percent smaller than current Xbox One consoles, will be released on Aug. 2 for $399. The new Xbox One model will ship with a 2 TB hard drive, which is almost four times the HDD space of the original Xbox One model released in November 2013. The Xbox One S is also capable of supporting 4K graphics resolution.
The new Xbox One S bundle also includes a wireless controller with improved grips, an improved wireless signal that should increase the workable distance between controller and console. The Xbox One S’s power supply is internal, which means no more power brick taking up even more room on your shelves, and it has one USB port on the front of the console, which will make it easier to hook other devices up to the console.
Microsoft announced the new Xbox One S at E3 in June. Models with 1TB and 500GB hard drives will be released for $349 and $299 respectively, but Microsoft has not announced release dates for those Xbox One S models.
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.