- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Wednesday 12:08 PM
Here are Microsoft’s free Xbox Games With Gold titles for September
From ‘Tomb Raider’ to ‘The Deer God’, this is quite the mix.
September’s Games with Gold include some heavy hitters that are sure to get gamers prepped for this year’s major holiday releases.
First and foremost, we have Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. It’s a remake of 2013’s excellent Tomb Raider reboot, but this time it’s in glorious 1080p. It’s also the perfect time to get familiar with Camilla Luddington’s Lara Croft, because the Xbox One exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider is set for release this November, for PC in early 2016, and for PlayStation 4 in late 2016.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will be available from Sept. 16 to Oct. 15.
The Deer God will also be available for Xbox One owners. It’s a game that began life on Kickstarter last year and has now found its way to console owners. It’s a beautiful pixel art game with 3D backdrops. Steam users have said mostly positive things about it, and it could definitely be worth a playthrough.
The Deer God will be available for the entire month of September.
Don’t worry Xbox 360 owners, you have not been forgotten. Crysis 3 is the insane first-person shooter that was all the rage back in 2013. It was known for a lot of things, but because it came from studio Crytek, it was mainly known for its graphics.
Crysis 3 will be available from Sept. 16 to 30.
Lastly, there’s Battlestations: Pacific for Xbox 360. This real-time strategy game was released in 2009 to favorable reviews. Unlike other strategy games that just put you in command of a bunch of units on a gameboard, this game puts you right in the action. You’re in vehicles shooting at things while strategically trying to win the battle. It’s a pretty cool idea.
Battlestations: Pacific will be available from Sept. 1 to 15.
If you haven’t done so already, make sure you download August’s Games with Gold before they disappear at the beginning of September.
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.