- U.K. police will have to disclose documents about WikiLeaks journalists Tuesday 6:37 PM
- Backpack Kid sues Fortnite developer over flossing emote Tuesday 5:38 PM
- Conservatives rage at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘week of self-care’ Tuesday 4:02 PM
- 2 inflatable snowmen fought in front of a combo KFC/Taco Bell Tuesday 2:47 PM
- How to watch the Boca Raton Bowl online for free Tuesday 2:43 PM
- DAZN KOs YouTube, Snapchat as (temporarily) the most downloaded app Tuesday 1:57 PM
- AT&T says it’s rolling out 5G service this week Tuesday 1:03 PM
- NY state senator tells woman staffer ‘Kill yourself!’ in a tweet Tuesday 12:54 PM
- This Lil Jon-Kool-Aid Man Christmas jam is as extra as you’d expect Tuesday 12:13 PM
- YouTube stars say unfair copyright claims are making their lives hell Tuesday 12:12 PM
- UPS deletes tweet about shredding letters to North Pole after huge backlash Tuesday 11:21 AM
- Viral petition leads to revised Holland Tunnel Christmas decor Tuesday 11:10 AM
- Paul Ryan’s self-serving farewell tour is the bane of the internet right now Tuesday 10:59 AM
- ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ renewed for seasons 3 and 4 Tuesday 10:59 AM
- Former NASA engineer dupes package thieves into opening this epic glitter bomb Tuesday 10:54 AM
A Black Panther scene unleashed by Marvel on Monday shows a fight scene between two badass black women. It is epic, iconic, and everything an action movie scene should be. There’s amazing fight choreography, guns, a spear—and wig throwing.
Yes, a wig literally gets snatched and thrown in the clip. People on Twitter are loving it.
DID SIS JUST,,,,THROW HER WIG AT THAT WHITE MAN SKJSJ BLACK PANTHER IS TRULY THE MOVIE OF THE YEAR AND IT’S ONLY JANUARY pic.twitter.com/TXdhBPHR2z
— bell ✩⋆ (@SpiderlingTom) January 30, 2018
— Kyle Buchanan (@kylebuchanan) January 30, 2018
me giving my wig for the black panther movie before they could even snatch it from me pic.twitter.com/omkFlUFehx
— daniel ⚡️ (@ruffalosfluff) January 30, 2018
In the scene, Danai Gurira’s Okoye—leader of Dora Milaje (the women-only secret service run by Chadwick Boseman’s T’Challa)—pulls off the incredible distraction stunt in the midst of a spear fight, taking on multiple armed men. And boy, does it work.
Nakia, played by Lupita Nyong’o, also casually takes off her high-heeled shoe and uses it to inflict the most femme-inspired blow upon her foe ever delivered in an action scene.
The Black Panther movie will be celebrated for being the first in many ways. Now, first “wig and heel used as weapon” in an action scene should definitely be added to that list.
Check out the clip below:
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.