- The 5 best Spike Lee movies 2 Years Ago
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ 2 Years Ago
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
A Black Panther scene unleashed by Marvel on Monday shows a fight scene between two badass black women. It is epic, iconic, and everything an action movie scene should be. There’s amazing fight choreography, guns, a spear—and wig throwing.
Yes, a wig literally gets snatched and thrown in the clip. People on Twitter are loving it.
DID SIS JUST,,,,THROW HER WIG AT THAT WHITE MAN SKJSJ BLACK PANTHER IS TRULY THE MOVIE OF THE YEAR AND IT’S ONLY JANUARY pic.twitter.com/TXdhBPHR2z— bell ✩⋆ (@SpiderlingTom) January 30, 2018
me giving my wig for the black panther movie before they could even snatch it from me pic.twitter.com/omkFlUFehx— daniel ⚡️ (@ruffalosfluff) January 30, 2018
In the scene, Danai Gurira’s Okoye—leader of Dora Milaje (the women-only secret service run by Chadwick Boseman’s T’Challa)—pulls off the incredible distraction stunt in the midst of a spear fight, taking on multiple armed men. And boy, does it work.
Nakia, played by Lupita Nyong’o, also casually takes off her high-heeled shoe and uses it to inflict the most femme-inspired blow upon her foe ever delivered in an action scene.
The Black Panther movie will be celebrated for being the first in many ways. Now, first “wig and heel used as weapon” in an action scene should definitely be added to that list.
Check out the clip below:
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.