- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less 5 Years Ago
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over 5 Years Ago
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller 5 Years Ago
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
- 8 doormats that we can’t believe actually exist Today 9:35 AM
- Why is political blog the Hill publishing op-eds by anti-LGBTQ hate groups? Today 9:16 AM
- A woman vice president? The 2020 men have some thoughts Today 9:00 AM
- 80 percent of Americans support reinstating net neutrality Today 8:38 AM
- Website secretly filmed 1,600 hotel guests for fetish live stream Today 8:18 AM
- The Holga 120N is the $40 camera you never knew you needed Today 8:13 AM
- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted Today 7:18 AM
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free Today 7:00 AM
Fans who actually read the books can translate.
Forget the debate over people spoiling Sunday night’s Game of Thrones episode. While some of you were busy arguing over whether we should worry about spoiling people for a 14-year-old plot point, the rest of us just wanted to know: What the hell did we just watch?!
Fortunately, some astute die-hard readers of the books knew just what to look for—and they’ve shared the episode’s secrets with us.
Let it be known: if you’ve miraculously managed to remain unspoiled for the big events of Sunday night’s Purple Wedding, you might want to halt before venturing farther into this tale.
Sunday night’s shocker came to us courtesy of A Storm of Swords, the third novel in George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series, upon which Game of Thrones is based. Fans who’ve read the books might know exactly what’s going on in the mysterious final scene of the episode, when we finally witness the long-awaited wedding between loathed Prince Joffrey and the savvy Margaery Tyrell.
But as for the rest of us? Chances are, if you didn’t have eyes like one of Bran’s ravens, you were totally confused about what was really happening in Joffrey’s fatal game of cups.
Now, an Imgur gallery called “How it Really Happened” walks us through all of the action, step by gruesome step. Even if you have read the books, the detailed analysis in these 20 screencaps is impressive:
What does one little necklace have to do with the downfall of kings? Everything, when you’re playing the game of thrones. Read the whole recap of the scene, and be amazed.
Photo via Imgur
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.