- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits 6 Years Ago
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana 6 Years Ago
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ 6 Years Ago
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue 6 Years Ago
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in 6 Years Ago
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch 6 Years Ago
- YouTuber David Dobrik says his monthly earnings dipped $273K after ‘adpocalypse’ Today 10:47 AM
- Pete Buttigieg took a Holocaust memorial picture Today 10:14 AM
- #IVapeIVote may have helped Trump back off proposed vaping ban Today 8:59 AM
- Whataburger blasted for refusing to serve drag queen Today 8:33 AM
- ‘Justice League’ actors show support for the Snyder Cut campaign Today 8:08 AM
- Laura Loomer may be a fringe candidate, but she’s being funded by big-time GOP donors Today 8:00 AM
- TikTok teen makes a video of his English teacher, the guy who sang ‘Story of a Girl’ Today 7:50 AM
- The teens of TikTok are doing just fine, thank you very much Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
Watch tonight’s ‘blood moon’ lunar eclipse here
No judgement. Just blood moons.
Tonight there is a lunar eclipse, as in a total, real, honest-to-goodness eclipse in which the full moon will pass in front of the Earth’s shadow. The fun name for this phenomenon is a “blood moon” because the moon will take on a dark red color.
It’s all very amazing and beautiful, and on my drive home from the gym tonight I caught a glimpse of the early action (it was more like a really yellow-orange moon, but still). But now it’s really cold outside and I want to go to bed soon… and you might be in the same boat. If that’s the case, just hit up these livestreams to catch the action.
Here’s one UStream channel’s footage:
And Slooh Observatory’s stream:
Nasa’s also got a stream going on, powered by Ustream, which earlier on, featured some awesome background jams.
The show will really start around midnight EST, so grab some popcorn, shut your blinds, and experience the power of the galaxy while you download porn in your incognito tab.
Photo via Robbo-Man/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Molly McHugh is the tech editor of the Daily Dot, focusing on technology, social media, sports, and streaming entertainment. Her work has also appeared in Wired and the Ringer.