- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
In a move even less subtle than a Hulk smash, Diesel updated his Facebook cover photo Sunday afternoon. In it, he’s wearing a black tank top with the word “Inhumans” written on it with the question “Are you Inhuman?” behind him.
It’s certainly not the first time Diesel has teased an appearance in an Inhumans film. He hinted at it in a Facebook post back in August while celebrating the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, and subsequent posts and rumors brought up the possibility of him playing either Black Bolt or the Vision. The later is being played by Paul Bettany, who, coincidentally enough, also pulls double-duty in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) as J.A.R.V.I.S., Tony Stark’s highly intelligent A.I.
While an Inhumans movie was only rumored in August, Marvel has since confirmed its release in 2018, along with eight other films as part of Phase 3 of MCU. As seen most in the most recent episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the current run of Ms. Marvel, Marvel is ramping up the presence of Inhumans in the universe.
The Inhumans are a non-human race, and many of them grow up believing they are human before their powers are activated by Terrigen Mist (like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’s Skye and Ms. Marvel‘s Kamala Khan). The comics follow a royal family of Inhumans, which also serve as Marvel’s way of explaining mutants in the MCU without using the word “mutant.” Fox, which produces the X-Men films, owns the rights to it.
The royal family includes a character named Black Bolt, who is many fans’ top choice for Diesel to play in the Inhumans film. And with Diesel’s voice recognizable as Groot, it would be perfect on another level: Black Bolt doesn’t speak.
Like with most Marvel rumors, we’ll have to wait for an official confirmation, but Diesel isn’t making it hard for us to guess.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.