- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
In a move even less subtle than a Hulk smash, Diesel updated his Facebook cover photo Sunday afternoon. In it, he’s wearing a black tank top with the word “Inhumans” written on it with the question “Are you Inhuman?” behind him.
It’s certainly not the first time Diesel has teased an appearance in an Inhumans film. He hinted at it in a Facebook post back in August while celebrating the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, and subsequent posts and rumors brought up the possibility of him playing either Black Bolt or the Vision. The later is being played by Paul Bettany, who, coincidentally enough, also pulls double-duty in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) as J.A.R.V.I.S., Tony Stark’s highly intelligent A.I.
While an Inhumans movie was only rumored in August, Marvel has since confirmed its release in 2018, along with eight other films as part of Phase 3 of MCU. As seen most in the most recent episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the current run of Ms. Marvel, Marvel is ramping up the presence of Inhumans in the universe.
The Inhumans are a non-human race, and many of them grow up believing they are human before their powers are activated by Terrigen Mist (like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’s Skye and Ms. Marvel‘s Kamala Khan). The comics follow a royal family of Inhumans, which also serve as Marvel’s way of explaining mutants in the MCU without using the word “mutant.” Fox, which produces the X-Men films, owns the rights to it.
The royal family includes a character named Black Bolt, who is many fans’ top choice for Diesel to play in the Inhumans film. And with Diesel’s voice recognizable as Groot, it would be perfect on another level: Black Bolt doesn’t speak.
Like with most Marvel rumors, we’ll have to wait for an official confirmation, but Diesel isn’t making it hard for us to guess.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.