- Joe Biden really, really hates raves 4 Years Ago
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Today 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Today 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Today 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Today 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Today 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Today 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
It’s a hint so obvious that it’s pretty much a confirmation.
In a move even less subtle than a Hulk smash, Diesel updated his Facebook cover photo Sunday afternoon. In it, he’s wearing a black tank top with the word “Inhumans” written on it with the question “Are you Inhuman?” behind him.
It’s certainly not the first time Diesel has teased an appearance in an Inhumans film. He hinted at it in a Facebook post back in August while celebrating the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, and subsequent posts and rumors brought up the possibility of him playing either Black Bolt or the Vision. The later is being played by Paul Bettany, who, coincidentally enough, also pulls double-duty in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) as J.A.R.V.I.S., Tony Stark’s highly intelligent A.I.
While an Inhumans movie was only rumored in August, Marvel has since confirmed its release in 2018, along with eight other films as part of Phase 3 of MCU. As seen most in the most recent episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the current run of Ms. Marvel, Marvel is ramping up the presence of Inhumans in the universe.
The Inhumans are a non-human race, and many of them grow up believing they are human before their powers are activated by Terrigen Mist (like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’s Skye and Ms. Marvel‘s Kamala Khan). The comics follow a royal family of Inhumans, which also serve as Marvel’s way of explaining mutants in the MCU without using the word “mutant.” Fox, which produces the X-Men films, owns the rights to it.
The royal family includes a character named Black Bolt, who is many fans’ top choice for Diesel to play in the Inhumans film. And with Diesel’s voice recognizable as Groot, it would be perfect on another level: Black Bolt doesn’t speak.
Like with most Marvel rumors, we’ll have to wait for an official confirmation, but Diesel isn’t making it hard for us to guess.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.