- Seed University might actually be the first good influencer school Tuesday 9:35 PM
- Black couple says they were accused of stealing during marriage proposal Tuesday 6:57 PM
- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony Tuesday 6:00 PM
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Tuesday 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Tuesday 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Tuesday 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Tuesday 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Tuesday 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Tuesday 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Tuesday 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Tuesday 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Tuesday 12:41 PM
They’re already so popular they’re almost sold out.
If you fondly remember wearing Underoos inspired by your favorite pop culture characters as a kid, then we have good news for you.
For better or worse, depending on your thoughts regarding the “underwear that’s fun to wear,” Underoos are now available in adult sizes at Hot Topic. Keeping with tradition, the shirt and pants sets are inspired by some classic characters like Batgirl, Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain America, Harley Quinn, Batman, He-Man, and Skeletor. They even come in retro packaging to complete the nostalgic experience.
If you’ve never experienced the fun of Underoos or just have no idea what they are, you can watch the amazing vintage commercial below to see what you missed. The excitement of those kids has clearly remained with many adults: Almost all of Hot Topic’s Underoos are sold out right now. Only two sets, Batgirl and Harley Quinn, are still available for $24.50.
The adult Underoos caused some interesting responses on social media, though overall many on Twitter were clearly excited about picking up a set.
#Underoos are back and I want some!
— Pink Chocolate! (@PinkChocolateBK) November 14, 2014
Underoos for adults? #justtooweird
— Rachel Stafford (@ksuwildcataz) November 14, 2014
The adult-sized underoos thing makes me imagine a near-future where adults are ordering Gerbers shots in trendy bars…
— Bob Chipman (@the_moviebob) November 14, 2014
i dont even WEAR briefs but i want the skeletor underoos so bad
— mecha aniki (@JoestarAniki) November 14, 2014
You can see all of Hot Topic’s Underoos below. Considering the pop culture licenses in the company’s repertoire, who knows what characters might get the Underoos treatment next?
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.