- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Her Universe rolls out new ‘Transformers’ fashion line
Make your style more than meets the eye.
As Transformers: Age of Extinction arrives in theaters today, you might be looking to roll out your Transformers pride with some robot-themed fashion. For women looking to transform their wardrobes, a new women’s clothing line has been announced between online geek fashion retailer Her Universe and Hasbro that will offer more ways to add Autobots and Decepticons to your closet.
All week Her Universe has been teasing the line, which will draw inspiration not just from the movies but from all various Transformers incarnations. This license comes just a week after the company announced a partnership with Marvel for another brand new line.
Between the lack of female Transformer characters, the way the few existing ones are portrayed, and reactions from certain parts of the fandom, the franchise hasn’t been the most welcoming place for women. Like many geek franchises though, female fans do exist and are tired of being ignored by companies and receiving limited merchandise options. Her Universe hopes to change this for Transformers fangirls like it has for many others.
“I grew up watching Transformers and playing with Transformers toys, and I am so excited to announce that we’ll be making Transformers fashions for fangirls! A lot of people do not realize that girls are into this franchise and we look forward to transforming this perception!” Her Universe founder Ashley Eckstein said in a statement.
While this new line will add some much needed women’s fashion for Transformers fans, there are a few other places online where you can make your wardrobe more than meets the eye. Check out more options from the new Her Universe line below and see a few more places where fangirls and fanboys can get styles to feel like robots in disguise.
If it’s unique art you want, then these shirts are for you. You’ll be able to find everything from a steampunk Optimus Prime to contest-winning designs.
Images via WeLoveFine.com
Here you’ll find a wide selection of accessories and clothing for both men and women. From earrings to pajama pants, there’s many ways to add Autobots and Decepticons to your wardrobe.
Images via HotTopic.com
Clothing styles other than shirts inspired by the bots can be hard to find, but you have a few options at this online shop, some of which you won’t find anywhere else.
Images via Superherostuff.com
For a handmade touch, look no further than Etsy. Women especially will find more choices here than anywhere else when it comes to jewelry and dresses.
Image via FashionablyGeeky247/Etsy
Image via niquegeek/Etsy
Image via EpicButtons/Etsy
Image via DixieBloom/Etsy
Lead photo and all Her Universe photos by Kelsey Edwards Photography
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.