- Jason Momoa reprises ‘Game of Thrones’ character on ‘SNL’ 4 Years Ago
- How to watch the epic Copa Libertadores final online for free Today 9:35 AM
- The top fandoms of 2018 Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Huesca online for free Today 6:40 AM
- What is Sling TV? Today 6:15 AM
- A year of apologizing to the internet Today 6:15 AM
- How to stream NFL’s Week 14 games for free Today 6:00 AM
- John Kelly will be leaving the White House, and Twitter reacted exactly as expected Saturday 6:12 PM
- Shonen Jump manga is going (mostly) free to combat piracy Saturday 5:14 PM
- ‘Death Grips is online’ is trending, so what does it mean? Saturday 4:33 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg battles Elon Musk as ‘Epic Rap Battles’ returns to YouTube Saturday 3:30 PM
- George Papadopoulos’ wife deletes Twitter account after embarrassing herself in self-congratulatory tweet Saturday 2:18 PM
- Trump surrogate gets dunked on for sipping a $25 ‘gin and tonic’ with a straw Saturday 1:12 PM
- How to watch Cruz Azul vs. Monterrey online for free Saturday 11:30 AM
- Virginia teacher fired for refusing to use trans student’s preferred pronouns Saturday 11:09 AM
Make your style more than meets the eye.
As Transformers: Age of Extinction arrives in theaters today, you might be looking to roll out your Transformers pride with some robot-themed fashion. For women looking to transform their wardrobes, a new women’s clothing line has been announced between online geek fashion retailer Her Universe and Hasbro that will offer more ways to add Autobots and Decepticons to your closet.
All week Her Universe has been teasing the line, which will draw inspiration not just from the movies but from all various Transformers incarnations. This license comes just a week after the company announced a partnership with Marvel for another brand new line.
Between the lack of female Transformer characters, the way the few existing ones are portrayed, and reactions from certain parts of the fandom, the franchise hasn’t been the most welcoming place for women. Like many geek franchises though, female fans do exist and are tired of being ignored by companies and receiving limited merchandise options. Her Universe hopes to change this for Transformers fangirls like it has for many others.
“I grew up watching Transformers and playing with Transformers toys, and I am so excited to announce that we’ll be making Transformers fashions for fangirls! A lot of people do not realize that girls are into this franchise and we look forward to transforming this perception!” Her Universe founder Ashley Eckstein said in a statement.
While this new line will add some much needed women’s fashion for Transformers fans, there are a few other places online where you can make your wardrobe more than meets the eye. Check out more options from the new Her Universe line below and see a few more places where fangirls and fanboys can get styles to feel like robots in disguise.
If it’s unique art you want, then these shirts are for you. You’ll be able to find everything from a steampunk Optimus Prime to contest-winning designs.
Images via WeLoveFine.com
Here you’ll find a wide selection of accessories and clothing for both men and women. From earrings to pajama pants, there’s many ways to add Autobots and Decepticons to your wardrobe.
Images via HotTopic.com
Clothing styles other than shirts inspired by the bots can be hard to find, but you have a few options at this online shop, some of which you won’t find anywhere else.
Images via Superherostuff.com
For a handmade touch, look no further than Etsy. Women especially will find more choices here than anywhere else when it comes to jewelry and dresses.
Image via FashionablyGeeky247/Etsy
Image via niquegeek/Etsy
Image via EpicButtons/Etsy
Image via DixieBloom/Etsy
Lead photo and all Her Universe photos by Kelsey Edwards Photography
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.