- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
Aside from that, the announcement offers very little information. But apparently publisher Square Enix wants to release the game shortly after a big reveal some time in 2018. Square Enix could be waiting for the Tomb Raider movie to come out in March before making the big reveal.
A message to our fans! pic.twitter.com/HlDYsUtZMs— Tomb Raider (@tombraider) December 7, 2017
While details are scarce at the moment, we have some possible information about the game already. Last year, a redditor in Montreal happened to glance at the laptop screen of a fellow passenger on a bus. The passenger was working on a presentation about a game called Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Upon seeing the Reddit post, Kotaku reported that the title lined up with what it had been hearing about the then-unannounced sequel. The game was said to be in the works at developer Eidos Montreal, the makers of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
In what’s either a sly confirmation or a convenient coincidence, the first letter of each sentence in Square Enix’s tweet spells the word “Shadow.” So, yeah. That’s probably the name of the game.
Square Enix launched the previous game in the series, Rise of the Tomb Raider, in 2016 as a timed exclusive for Xbox One. That move seemed to alienate many fans, who had to wait to play it on PC and PS4. It will be interesting to see if Shadow of the Tomb Raider (or whatever it ends up being called) will come out simultaneously on all platforms.