- Fortnite leak reveals a ‘Batman’ crossover event may be happening 2 Years Ago
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Today 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Today 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Today 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Today 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Today 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Today 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Today 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Today 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Today 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Today 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Today 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Today 12:33 PM
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
Aside from that, the announcement offers very little information. But apparently publisher Square Enix wants to release the game shortly after a big reveal some time in 2018. Square Enix could be waiting for the Tomb Raider movie to come out in March before making the big reveal.
A message to our fans! pic.twitter.com/HlDYsUtZMs— Tomb Raider (@tombraider) December 7, 2017
While details are scarce at the moment, we have some possible information about the game already. Last year, a redditor in Montreal happened to glance at the laptop screen of a fellow passenger on a bus. The passenger was working on a presentation about a game called Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Upon seeing the Reddit post, Kotaku reported that the title lined up with what it had been hearing about the then-unannounced sequel. The game was said to be in the works at developer Eidos Montreal, the makers of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
In what’s either a sly confirmation or a convenient coincidence, the first letter of each sentence in Square Enix’s tweet spells the word “Shadow.” So, yeah. That’s probably the name of the game.
Square Enix launched the previous game in the series, Rise of the Tomb Raider, in 2016 as a timed exclusive for Xbox One. That move seemed to alienate many fans, who had to wait to play it on PC and PS4. It will be interesting to see if Shadow of the Tomb Raider (or whatever it ends up being called) will come out simultaneously on all platforms.