- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
Although Hardy’s incredible love of dogs has been well-documented over the years, his love for his own dogs is palpable. He has openly discussed his previous dog, Max, who died in 2011. Woody—a stray he rescued while shooting the movie Lawless—even attended red carpet premieres with Hardy, including in Peaky Blinders and a recent episode of CBeebies Bedtime Stories.
Woody, which is short for Woodstock, died this week at the age of 6 after a six-month battle with aggressive polymyositis, which affected his muscles. Hardy shared a written tribute with fans, which has been circulating on Tumblr. (Hardy’s representative has confirmed the letter is from Hardy.) While Hardy doesn’t normally open up about his friends and family—and Woody was both to him—he has seen how many people Woody has touched throughout his lifetime. Hardy opened up about the night he rescued Woody and some of the experiences Woody shared with him and his family over the years.
He was Far too young to leave us and We at home are devastated by his loss I am ultimately grateful for his loyal companionship and love and it is of some great comfort that he is no longer suffering. Above all I am completely gutted. the world for me was a better place with him in it and by my side.
To the bestest friend ever. To me and to a family who loved him beyond words and whom he loved without doubt more than I have ever known. Woody was the bestest of journey companions we ever could dream of having. Our souls intertwined forever.
You can read Hardy’s full tribute to Woody below.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.