- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca 4 Years Ago
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds 4 Years Ago
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Today 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
Tom Hardy’s 50 Cent Dubsmash contains a not-so-subtle ‘Punisher’ nod
Wherever Tom Hardy goes, magic happens.
Here at the Daily Dot, we’ve done our fair share of reporting on Hardy’s weird and wonderful existence. When he’s not headlining major blockbuster films, the A-list actor likes to unwind by taking shameless selfies, being dog’s best friend, and deconstructing gender roles.
It’s for this reason that Hardy and Dubsmash, the viral lip-syncing app, were made for each other. Hardy’s been playing around with the app off and on for the last few months, and he recently took it for a spin by lip-syncing to 50 Cent‘s “P.I.M.P.”
A video posted by 50 Cent (@50cent) on
We want to be on whatever groove Hardy’s riding. And yes, that cap he’s wearing bears the famous insignia of the Punisher, reminding us all that he’s well aware of how much the Internet wants him to play bulked-up super-soldier Frank Castle on screen.
True, Hardy seems to have already set up camp on the DC Comics side of the fence, first playing Bane, then briefly signing on for Suicide Squad, and now helming a production of DC imprint Vertigo’s 100 Bullets. But he’s made it clear that he’d love to play the Punisher, and Marvel does seem to be fond of hiring British actors named Tom.
As a bonus, here’s Hardy and a friend in March doing a dubsmash of The Hangover.
One thing is clear: If Marvel wants Hardy, they’ll have to take Tom Hardy, corny social-media king, along with Tom Hardy, serious actor.
We wouldn’t have it any other way.
Photo via JJ Georges/Wikimedia Commons (CC BY SA 3.0)
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.