- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera 6 Months Ago
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Today 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Today 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Today 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
According to the Radio Times, Baker is penning a Doctor Who novel called Scratchman, which will star the Fourth Doctor battling the Devil. But the original concept of Scratchman is much older than that.
Scratchman was originally conceived by Baker and Ian Marter, who played companion Harry Sullivan, in the 1970s while they were making Doctor Who. In its original form, it was meant to be a film called Doctor Who Meets the Scratchman. It would’ve starred the Fourth Doctor, Harry Sullivan, and Sarah Jane Smith and would’ve had them encounter the Daleks, the Cybermen, the Scarecrows, Vincent Price and Twiggy, the Devil himself, and the climax would’ve taken place on a massive pinball table. It’s an eclectic mix of legacy villains and completely random and chaotic elements.
Despite efforts to bring the story to life over the years, the film never happened; at one point, the script was lost. But now, more than four decades later, Baker is bringing his original idea to fans in a new form.
“When I was approached about the book, I thought, ‘Why not?’” Baker said in a press release. “I’m always on the lookout for a novelty. I’m very enthusiastic as I get close to darkness.”
An official synopsis, courtesy of the Radio Times, is included below.
What are you afraid of?
The Doctor, Harry and Sarah Jane Smith arrive at a remote Scottish island, when their holiday is cut short by the appearance of strange creatures – hideous scarecrows, preying on the local population. The islanders are living in fear, and the Doctor vows to save them all. But it doesn’t go to plan – the time travellers have fallen into a trap, and Scratchman is coming for them.
With the fate of the universe hanging in the balance, the Doctor must battle an ancient force from another dimension, one who claims to be the Devil.
Scratchman wants to know what the Doctor is most afraid of. And the Doctor’s worst nightmares are coming out to play…
Scratchman will be released Jan. 24, 2019.
H/T AV Club
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.