- Welcome to Bernie 2020 Twitter, same as Bernie 2016 Twitter 2 Years Ago
- Bernie Sanders memes resurface after 2020 bid announcement Today 6:27 AM
- How to survive and thrive in Metro Exodus Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Survivor’ for free Today 5:30 AM
- The simple way to connect Apple TV and HomePod Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid online for free Today 5:00 AM
- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
Spanish and Italian translations confirm ‘The Last Jedi’ refers to something big
The word ‘Jedi’ can be singular or plural, and these translated titles confirm ‘The Last Jedi’ it is one.
The theory originates from the fact that “Jedi” can be singular or plural, meaning the title could either refer to an individual character like Rey or Luke Skywalker, or to multiple Jedi.
The Brazilian translation seemingly suggested a singular, male Jedi when the title was first announced. However, several new translated titles were just revealed on official Star Wars social media accounts, including plural translations like the Italian Gli Ultimi Jedi.
It’s most likely both.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.