- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
Geek girl band The Doubleclicks have funded their next album on Kickstarter
The album will include songs about science, cats, and more!
Thanks to a successful Kickstarter campaign, Portland-based band the Doubleclicks will be releasing a new album called “President Snakes.” Angela and Aubrey Webber, known for their often geeky music, launched the campaign on May 7 to raise money to record the new album and quickly reached their initial goal of $30,000.
The album will include a number of songs that the sisters have already released online, but will feature new, polished versions. The crowdfunding page describes “President Snakes” as “an album about being yourself and dealing with tough times—plus one song about a group of snakes running for President.”
“Unlike our last two albums, ‘President Snakes’ is going to be primarily produced and performed by the Doubleclicks, because it’s honest and raw and very close to our hearts, and we want it to stay that way. We have learned a lot in six years of nerd/folk/music and we are eager to put that all to work on this record!” the Doubleclicks write.
With 20 days left to the campaign as of Wednesday, the Doubleclicks have raised more than $32,677 and are now on their way to reaching their stretch goals. These goals include a playlist written by Angela for the tabletop game “Fiasco” and a printed Doubleclicks coloring book.
Screengrab via The Doubleclicks/Kickstarter video
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.