- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
The Mad Titan is heading over to Fortnite Battle Royale for a new mode called “Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup” starting May 8. With the new mode, the 100 players who enter the map and fight one another until one player remains will now include a fully bejeweled Infinity Gauntlet.
The promise of Thanos’ gauntlet is a powerful one. The gauntlet will appear on the map and if you’re lucky enough to get your hands on it, you’ll turn into Thanos and wield “all the power that comes with him.” That power is left unspecified, but it could possibly mean anything from harnessing the powers of any of the six Infinity Stones to Thanos’ ultimate goal of destroying half the universe—or in this case, maybe destroying half the players.
The battle begins tomorrow… pic.twitter.com/NQ9BDH2BeG
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) May 7, 2018
Like the MCU itself, Thanos’ descent onto Battle Royale will likely shake up the game in immeasurable ways. But bringing Thanos to Battle Royale had a much simpler path than 10 years of weaving together a cinematic universe: Avengers: Infinity War directors Joe and Anthony Russo were huge fans of Fortnite and reached out to Epic Games’ worldwide creative director, Donald Mustard, about mashing up the two properties.
“Out of the blue, I get this call from Joe,” Mustard explained. “And after a bit of geeking out over each other’s work, we start brainstorming these crazy ideas. It was really important that whatever we did, it had to be super authentic to both Fortnite and the Avengers: Infinity War, and something that fans of both would be excited about. About an hour later, we had the bones of this awesome idea for a limited time gameplay mode, and almost immediately our team got started.”
— Russo Brothers (@Russo_Brothers) May 7, 2018
The “Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup” will start May 8 and be free to play on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and iOS.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.