- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Today 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Today 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Today 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Today 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Today 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Today 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Today 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
Trump tries to escape climate-related flood in new Super Mario Run parody game
Trump’s really going to enjoy collecting those gold coins.
President Donald Trump’s face seems to be everywhere these days, including satirical indie video games.
Super Trump Run is the latest creation of game developer and programmer Sean Connelly in an attempt to give himself some laughs. The style of the game is intentionally similar to Super Mario Run, if Mario traded the red hat for a blond toupee.
“I’ve been depressed lately,” Connelly’s blog post on the game reads. “I decided to make a game to make me laugh and vent some steam. Enjoy!”
The game begins with news reporters gathered in a large hotel, pressing Trump for details on his plan for a coming storm that’s already flooded Miami. During the press conference, the hotel fills with water as Trump calls the “liberal Weather Channel” fake news.
As a fitting objective, the player must keep Trump’s head above water, or at least come up for air often enough to prevent drowning. (Hint: we haven’t found the latter to be an efficient game strategy.)
Using the spacebar to jump, the player directs Trump onto raised platforms to escape the flood and collect a lot of gold coins. As the game continues, the hotel fills up with floodwater. If Trump falls from a platform, there’s a good chance he’s going all the way down into the floodwaters with little chance of getting back above water.
Once Trump’s air supply runs out, the game ends, leaving players with a familiar sentiment from the president himself.
Play Super Trump Run here!
Audrey Browning is a content creator and social media manager. In August 2017, she joined Main Street Grub as a community manager.