- If you have doubts about HBO’s ‘Watchmen,’ give it more time Sunday 9:00 PM
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him Sunday 7:38 PM
- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Sunday 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Sunday 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Sunday 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Sunday 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Sunday 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Sunday 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Sunday 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Sunday 4:00 AM
Adult content in video games is nothing new. Big budget franchises like Mass Effect and the Witcher series are noted for their character romances and sexy scenes. But in those games, sex is not the main attraction. It’s about gameplay and story.
On the other side of the coin, Steam is awash in adult games featuring anime-inspired characters in various sexual situations. The gameplay is presumably nothing to write home about, but merely a vehicle for porn.
Enter: Subverse. This sci-fi/RPG/porn ’em up has raised more than $2 million on Kickstarter, ranking it among the 20 most funded video games ever on the platform.
Subverse is a rare breed that its developers tout as a true gameplay experience with very explicit sexual content. And 58,000 backers might indicate a very underserved market.
This week on 2 Girls 1 Podcast, Alli and Jen (actors who perform weird internet content on stage) talk with Kristoff, the game’s senior producer, about the vision for Subverse and the studio’s journey from dabbling in Machinima porn to developing a full-fledged game.
We also go back in time to learn about some of the sexually explicit video games made for the Atari 2600 in the early ’80s.
Listen to episode 89 of #2G1P right here:
2 Girls 1 Podcast is supported by listeners. A lot of time and resources go into research, booking, editing, and publishing this show. If you love internet culture as much as we love ’casting about it, consider a contribution of $1 or $2 per month to help offset our production costs. Become a patron of #2G1P and earn some cool perks while you’re at it:
Subscribe to 2 Girls 1 Podcast wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
We’d love to hear from you!
- Email the show: [email protected]
- Tweet us: @alligold, @joonbugger, @alliandjen
- Call us: (347) 871-6548 (Leave us a message with a suggestion, personal story, original song, or just shout into your phone. We might play your voicemail on the show.)
If you enjoy this podcast, consider sharing it with a friend or two, and use the hashtag #2G1P. We’ll be watching!
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.