- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Become a Studio Ghibli character with this new line of costume hoodies
Fangirls deserve to be comfy.
The worlds created by Studio Ghibli are so beautiful it’s hard to resist the desire to completely immerse yourself in their colorful environments. Now thanks to Etsy, there’s a fashionable and comfy way to feel like a part of some classic Ghibli films.
Rarity’s Boutique released a line of costume hoodies this week inspired by Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and Princess Mononoke. There are three hoodies and one kigurumi, or costume onesie. The Totoro kigurumi, Princess Mononoke San hoodie, and Totoro hoodie let you to look like the character when you wear them while the Spirited Away Haku hoodie has the character designed on it.
Each is made by Minneapolis-based creator Lisa Lou who uses anti-pill fleece and handmade appliques and details. The quality means these don’t come cheap with hoodies costing $200 and the kigurumi $230, but they’re certainly unique!
Check out the whole Studio Ghibli-inspired line below.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.